I Heart the 70s

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really don't see why people hated disco. It was different but it sure beats what is playing on the radio currently. Kool and the Gang and Heatwave were some awesome bands in the late 70's.
Well the thing is, a lot of people resented Disco at the time for being processed and artifical and saturating the radio, pushing standard pop and Rock and Roll out of the way.

And I think when we hear Disco now, we're hearing the best of it, not the most extreme forms that people prefer to forget, hehe. And yes, it's much better than what's playing now!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If you ask me, Earth, Wind & Fire was the greatest disco band ever!

Ba-de-ah,
Say do you remember?
Ba-de-ah,
Dancin' in September?
Ba-de-ah,
Never was a cloudy daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"And we will live together, until the twelfth of never
our voices will ring forever, as one.

Come see victory, in the land called fantasy
loving life, a new decree,
bring your mind to everlasting liberty.

Come to see, victory in a land called fantasy,
loving life, for you and me, to behold, to your soul is ecstasy.

You will find, other kind, that has been in search of you,
many lives has brought you to recognize it's your life, now in review." :sing::flirt:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Kiss even tried to do a Disco album. As far as I'm concerned, the Ramones is the best punk rock band. they are loud, abnoxious, and have an obsession with mental illnesses :wink:

Pluss Stephen King likes the Ramones...they even wrote a song for one of his movies

"I dont want to be buried, in a pet cematery, I dont want to live my life again"

not sure if I would be safe posting the rest of the song. Its a bit on the dark and twisted side :embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I realize I'm a disgrace to my KISS Army membership here, lol, but I enjoy listening to KISS' "I Was Made for Loving You, Baby" song, lol. That said, I do admit it wasn't quite the same as their earlier hits.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I was made for lovin' you baby
You were made for lovin' me
And I can't get enough of you baby
Can you get enough of me

thats on my Kiss greatest hits-esque CD. It was some really cheap cd I bought at best buy promoting being green and the case was made out of recycled cardboard. Meh, I just wanted the CD, could care less about what the case was made of :stick_out_tongue:

I have to admit, I really like the song Heavens on Fire.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Heavens on Fire's good too!

Actually I'd be interested in finding out more about CDs on recycled cardboard! I always feel guilty buying CDs.

Which reminds me of that classic '70s pollution PSA with the crying Indian. Did you know he wasn't really an Indian at all?

"People start pollution, people can stop it!"

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
the only cds I know about are this particular cd which is part of something called the platinum series or platinum something and Ozzy Osbourne's Black Rain Cd, which is avalable in recycled cardboard, or the usual plastic case. Thers actually about 6 versions of that cd. The recycled carboard, cardboard with ozzfest ticket, plastic itunes preorder, plastic with bonus cd, plastic with bonus dvd, and plastic japan only cd. I got the one with the bonus cd though :stick_out_tongue:

So wait! He wasnt indian! i dont believe it! hey, did you see the end of wayne's world 2 where there is an indian crying cause of all the trash and then wayne is like "dont worry, we're cleaning it up" and starts picking up trash with one of those pokey stick thingies

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh no I didn't, but that's great, lol. I actually only saw the first Wayne's World.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
If you ask me, Earth, Wind & Fire was the greatest disco band ever!

Ba-de-ah,
Say do you remember?
Ba-de-ah,
Dancin' in September?
Ba-de-ah,
Never was a cloudy daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...
"After The Love Is Gone" was a great song by them.