I have a super vivid memory of the lost Sesame Park short "Alpha Sleeper" (80T05 / 80T21)

SesameSeeker

New Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hey everyone, I wrote about this in a reddit posting, but thought I would try here too.

I wanted to share a really detailed memory of the lost Sesame Street / Sesame Park animation "Alpha Sleeper" (Production Codes 80T05 and 80T21). I know right now the only proof online that this even exists is a super dry text entry in the CBC Archive Sales log that just says "a man dreaming about the alphabet."
I grew up in Newfoundland, Canada, and I vividly remember watching this air on CBC back in the late 90s / early 2000s. Since the community has zero screenshots or clips of it yet, I wanted to write down exactly what it looked and sounded like so anyone digging through old VHS tapes knows what to look for.
The Visuals & Animation Style:
  • The Style: The animation looked a lot like those classic National Film Board of Canada (NFB) paper-cutout shorts, specifically the style of Evelyn Lambart.
  • The Character: Even though the official log calls them a "man," it really looked like a young, kind of Indigenous-looking child (could be a boy or a girl) with long black hair. They were wearing red pajamas.
  • The Vibe: The room behind the bed looked dark, which made the colorful animals and letters really pop off the screen. The child just rolls back and forth in bed while dreaming with their eyes closed.
  • The Layout: The letters of the alphabet rolled across the bottom of the screen. As the letters went by, different animals would appear on both sides of the bed. I distinctly remember an elephant being one of them.
  • The Ending: At the very end, a single letter "Z" shows up on screen all by itself. The child finally opens their eyes, a bunch of bunnies appear right in bed with them, and the child snuggles up with them.
The Audio:
  • The Music: It had a really simple, steady bongo drum beat playing the whole time. The backing track sounds super similar to the background rhythm used in the classic "Three Pretty Kitties" Sesame Street short.
  • The Voice: It sounded like more than one voice on the track, but they were all female. They spoke in a really quiet, hushed, whispered tone.
  • The Language: The voices were speaking entirely in French! After every 4th or 5th letter, they would say short French phrases that rhymed with the last letter spoken, likely referencing whatever animal was on the screen at that point.
If anyone out there is digitizing old CBC broadcasts, or Sesame Park tapes, please keep an eye out for this segment.
 
Last edited:
Top