"I hate the Media" posers!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Weel, Futurama isn't technically cancelled (possibly it will be) it's in hiatus. But, anyway. I don't find Malcom the least bit funny. I saw a few episodes, and it's like, the family is disfunctional, I get it. I get the joke, now it's not funny. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but wait and see next year, when the Muppets are cancelled, and Malcom is in it's time slot!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Weel, Futurama isn't technically cancelled (possibly it will be) it's in hiatus. But, anyway. I don't find Malcom the least bit funny. I saw a few episodes, and it's like, the family is disfunctional, I get it. I get the joke, now it's not funny. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but wait and see next year, when the Muppets are cancelled, and Malcom is in it's time slot!
I think it's really jumping the gun to say that about the new Muppet Show. I just think you have some bizarre hatred toward Malcolm. So you don't like it, I can understand that. I personally never liked Ally McBeal very much, but I certainly would never disrespect the show. It just isn't my personal taste.

So, Futurama isn't actually canceled. Hmm. I didn't think so and to make that false statement is really misleading. I don't like it when they do that to shows either, but that doesn't mean they're canceled!

A friend of mine got angry that the local Fox affiliate aired a baseball game in place of 24 (I'm not a fan, but it has a huge following). They played it at midnight, but didn't promote that it would be run at that time. He missed the show and that is a program that you have to see all the episodes to keep up with it. Fox has always had this terrible practice, but on the upside they give shows a chance that certainly wouldn't make it anywhere else. Do you think that Futuama would have lasted one minute on the ABC, NBC or CBS? I really don't think so, and it gets a lot of promotion, though I agree there is some Malcolm overkill.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sorry about the Malcom thing, J the F! My father LOOOOVEs it! He talks about every time I visit. I personally don't like it cuz I don't think that that show is funny. Plus they keep rerunning it in odd spaces when they could give a number shows that time slot. I'm sorry if I offended you. I'm not saying it's a bad show, just I don't like the top brass (the b and R are silent) cancelling things all the time. I have doubts about the new show being on Fox. That's all.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I really wasn't offended, I just don't think you realize that of all the networks, Fox is really the best bet. They back their projects more than anyone else.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, once again, you have a point there, Jamie. I'm just kinda ticked that they still have that Grounded for Life show (in liu of The Tick, Family Guy or Futurama), though a lot of people I know don't like it (ones I know, anyway). But getting back to the topic, I have to agree with matleo! But I think the media isn't the main problem. Now marketing is far more evil. Marketing is SATAN in disguise. On that point, I side with Dilbert comics. I just hate when people (the classmates, o' mine) complaine about things, then totally lose credability! I can't stand any competition!

LOLLASC (Laughing out loud, like a STupid Cat!):stick_out_tongue:

Sorry, I get SOOOO carried away!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I found the live action Tick to be terrible. The animated version was fantastic, but way too much was altered when it came to Fox primetime. I admit that I was very excited to see it, but was very disappointed. I kind of hope people will forget about that project alltogether and just remember the animated Tick. Just my opinion on that.

Grounded for Life is an entertaining program that appeals to a different group of people than probably your friends belong to. I am certainly not saying that it is any better than Futurama or Family Guy because it isn't. It's just different. Fox has many animated shows and by including this family-esque comedy they expand their programming beyond animation. And the show seems relatively cheap to make. They usually have that one set and not any location shots.

With Malcolm and Bernie Mac, it looks like there is a push by the network to include more family sitcoms. I really think they are trying to cover all of their bases and diversify their programming. The Family Guy may be cancelled, but it had spotty ratings. I think they will keep Futurama around for a while. They have even pushed back the X-Files for sports events so I don't think it's anything personal.

I think they are just giving their new and/or struggling shows a bit of a push while shelving the capable Futurama for a little while. It makes some sense even though we may not like it. And don't get me started with what they've done to Dark Angel.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
The Tick

Yeah, I just wanted to chime in on the live-action Tick.

Bloody awful.

But I DO confess an interest in Pro Wrestling. This may be the best time to watch it; Hulk Hogan is back, and he's a good guy again, and this most likely is his last run. The WWF should be entertaining for that, at least.

Oh yeah, and RIC FLAIR!

WOOOoooooooooo:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think we're getting off topic again! Oh well. At least it beats not getting ANY response!

Drtooth

Reaction score
A funny thing about the media. It can influence people by accident. For example: Remember when we spelled Doughnuts like Doughnuts and not the new spelling Donuts? I find that REALLY weird!!!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I am abosolutely enraged when people complain about how the media is "Hypnotising" us. Oh, puh-lease. I go to an art school, and all I hear are these posers complaining like old men. Oh no!! The media is evil. yeah, I bet. I watch TV quite a lot. and let me tell you: I still can't tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke (I preferr Root Beer, anyway!), I don't like Pokemon, Transformers, or junk like that, I have no disire to wacth Wrestling, I hate Malcom in the Middle, and I find talk shows to be redundant, filthy, and stupid. It's not the media, folks...IT'S STUPID PEOPLE WHO LET THINGS GET THIS BAD!!!! Now that I got that off my chest, who wants to disagree?
SEE??! SEE?!? They got you so brainwashed that you don't even realize it!!! They TRIED to brainwash me, but I ran water in one ear and all the soap came out the other, so I'm okay. (J/K)

Really, tho, I think it's kinda dumb when they cancel something good...like they did with Muppets Tonight and stuck that dumb Boy Meets World in its place. Ew. There they had a good show and then dump on it like that, never gave it a chance.

I don't think it's the shows or movies we watch that puts ideas into our heads, I think it's the dummies who are so easily lead astray that use tv and movies AND music as the scape-goat for their bad decisions and self-indulgencies, not to mention for their own being just plain stoopid.

FOZ