I-Beam, Making Saxophones, etc.

DetGoran

Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2006
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Hi. I'm "DetGoran", and I just registered onto these forums tonight. Why am I posting all in red? Because it's my favorite color. If anyone doesn't like it, I can switch back to black-colored font.

I've been posting messages on the imdb.com Sesame Street message boards for several weeks now. Although the people there are quite knowledgable, I have questions about a few skits that I remember from early childhood.

I was born in 1984, and probably watched Sesame Street from 1984 to about 1988. Apparently, there were a lot of classic skits during this time. Does anyone remember these skits:

  • The burning I-Beam. Lots of people on imdb.com were freaked out by this skit when they first saw it. I don't remember it scaring me, but it must have left an impression, as I (vaguely) remember it to this day. I have the music that played during this skit; it's very dark. I can understand why some kids were scared by this one.
  • Showing how saxophones are made. They played sounds of people testing the saxophones being made during the skit.
  • A baker baking a cake. The musical accompaniment to the skit was mostly drums.

Finally, I remember another skit involving Kermit. But I'm not sure if it's from Sesame Street. Does anyone have any information on the following skit?
Kermit was sitting in front of a red curtain (?) He was reminiscing about his early days in the swamp. I'm left with the impression now that he was either in a reflective mood or had been given something that made him think about his childhood (truth serum maybe?).
​

If you remember these skits, I'd love to hear from you. Does anyone know where I could find videos of these skits also?

Thanks.
Detective Goran
 
Top