I Am So Confused! Season 2 Episode 41 Fraggle Wars

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
This makes no sense to me! In Fraggle Wars, Mokey is in danger, and no one seems to care as Red is explaining the situation to the other Fraggles. While the other fraggles don't care, I totally accept this. What confuses me the most is that "WEMBLEY" doesn't care either. Is this a mistake made by the HENSON company? I thought Wembley, Mokey, Gobo, Boober, and Red had a close bond. When another fraggle shouted "LUNCH TIME" I was totally shocked to see Wembly begin to join the other fraggles and walk away from Red as though Mokey was just some Fraggle he rarely came across. PLEASE, someone explain this. Was this just an unnoticed error in Fraggle Rock?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think they were primarily trying to get across a point. The Fraggles aren't used to the idea of one of them being kidnapped (thumped by a Gorg perhaps but that's a little different) and they live such a care free happy life they don't always know when to take things seriously (a big contrast to the Cave Fraggles). This made Red overly exagerrate Mokey's condition (obviously Mokey wasn't hung upside down like Red said) and get the Fraggle mob all worked up. There are a lot of episodes that demonstrate that the Fraggles (as a group) are often lacking in common sense (silly creatures indeed!).

We the audience wouldn't have been as interested in the "extra" Fraggles not caring and then reacting to Red's warning song. We needed to see a character we knew, Wembley. It's a writing device. That's how I see it anyway.

Plus, TV shows are always filled in inconsistencies, they don't always have the time for continuity. In "Wembley and the Gorgs," the Gorgs know the Fraggles have names, but after that episode they don't.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yes, it always pained me too as if Wembley and they "didn't care", but I agree in thinking that they just didn't get how serious the situation was. Kidnapping, war---it's all foreign to little fraggle minds.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Don't forget that the Fraggles had heard of the other fraggles all they heard was that they were only fairy tales too.

superboober

Reaction score
You have to wonder, had he been around, how Gobo would have reacted. Knowing him, it seems most likely he would have advocated some semblence of rationality from the other Fraggles from the start, although given how easily they all got whipped up once Red gave a full description of what happened, his advice would likely have fallen on deaf ears anyway.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well that and the fact that Wembly has a tendency to go along with what ever anybody says.

G-MAN

Reaction score
Well, we musn't forget how easily the other Fraggles, even Gobo were distracted by food when they were searching for Boober's hat (in "You Can't Do That Without A Hat")

FraggleRockRock

Reaction score
It has been said that the main force in a fraggle's life is, "When's lunch?" So I suspect that, given that they didn't really understand the gravity of the situation, food would be considered more important to them.