Hypothetical: The Muppets Are For Sale

Teheheman

Reaction score
Totally makes sense from your standpoint, but not theirs, because again, they need a draw, and recognizable names like Justin Long are going to bring people to the theaters over an unknown name like Ross Bagdasarian. This is also why they brought in Jason Lee to play Dave: his career was really booming at that point, what with MY NAME IS EARL and stuff . . . even though not only was he horribly miscast, you can tell he isn't even enjoying making those movies anyway.
Their voices are recognizable too. I believe they can do what they have always done with the Muppets and that's putting them in movies with recognizable names as opposed to recognizable names voicing them.

Daniel

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Their voices are recognizable too. I believe they can do what they have always done with the Muppets and that's putting them in movies with recognizable names as opposed to recognizable names voicing them.

Daniel
I actually didn't think about that, but yeah, the Muppet movies already have celebrities in them. :stick_out_tongue:
I don't think Disney should sale, I agree with what Steve said about letting the Muppeteers be more involved in the creative process like they used to. Let them oversee scripts, let them decide as a group what projects should or shouldn't get made; heck, they could even write something. I mean, they're all funny guys who know their characters extremely well, the worse that could happen is it could fall flat on it's face and they can just go back to doing what they've been doing the past year. Oh well, at least you tried. Jim was all about moving forward and experimenting.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
What I would like to see is someone buy the Muppets, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock so they can be owned by the same company so we can have "The Muppet Family Christmas" on DVD uncut!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
What I would like to see is someone buy the Muppets, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock so they can be owned by the same company so we can have "The Muppet Family Christmas" on DVD uncut!
I'd love for them to make some kind of deal so that can be released, but for the time being I think their respective companies are doing a good job with them. What I want to see is The Jim Henson Company buy Bear in the Big Blue House, then we might finally get some DVD or streaming releases.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That's more of an issue of music licensing deals if anything.