Humans and Fraggles...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yes, I remember that. Sprocket is also friends with Rowlf (as mentioned, I believe, in Red's Club).

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think maybe the best explanation exists within Muppet Family Christmas, where Doc comes to stay in a farm house, finds it owned by Mrs Bear and isn't to worried by it, but is somewhat surprised to see all the Muppets arriving, "Could these be those Fraggles you're always talking about Sproket?"

However, he just accepts them.

I think, certainly here in the UK, there's a certain Britishness which means you don't comment, or even look, at something weird going on. I've always wanted to do something of an experiment by getting some aliens on the street just to see if anyone even looks at them.

Bea:zany:{Not that I believe in aliens...of course...*ahem*}regard

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that someone dressed as a Neanderthal just to see if one would blend in with modern humans (he supposedly ended up looking like the Geico Cavemen). No one batted an eye.

edit: Also, Doc asks if these are "like" the Fraggles Sprocket keeps talking about (and shouldn't he have met Gobo by then?).

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ahh...Hmmm...I always figured it took place somewhere in the middle of the series, before Doc had met Gobo.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
End of FR: March of 1987
MFC: December of 1987
Even if we don't take the dates into consideration, at least Doc has heard of Fraggles, which has to be in "somewhere in the middle" at least, if not towards the end of S3 or 4. My fanfic-verse used the dates, explaining that Ned had died in Arizona and that was why Doc just wanted to be alone on Christmas.

Frackles

Reaction score
All very stimulating. I tend to think of fraggles as more of a spiritual creature, like the muppets, that humans coexist with because our minds are full of similar denizens.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Frackles said:
All very stimulating. I tend to think of fraggles as more of a spiritual creature, like the muppets, that humans coexist with because our minds are full of similar denizens.
I consider all of them to be "real", but they are also, like you said, "spiritual" creatures ... just as we all are (Marjory's point). And my mind is definitely filled to the brim (or overflowing point :big_grin:) with lots of denizens.

(shh. don't talk about us.)

Shut up!

:crazy:

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
Ahh...Hmmm...I always figured it took place somewhere in the middle of the series, before Doc had met Gobo.
If it did happen in the middle, then I would find it strange that Doc would be hugging Matt and singing Christmas carols and then be shocked when he saw Gobo. It had to happen afterward, right? :smirk:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Well, if Doc had only been TOLD about the Fraggles by Sprocket (how, I don't know, since that dog can't talk to make out the word Fraggle), it would mean he'd never actually seen them. If he had, wouldn't he say something like, "Are these anything like the Fraggles back home?". And I'm not sure, I think the Fraggles only appear behind him for that one song, but he never turns around.

Maybe they didn't want the two things to mix like that, though. I don't know, I'm all confused.