Humans and Fraggles...

Redsonga

Reaction score
You know the more I think about it the more I think that Uncle Matt must have not been the first fraggle ever to be in outer space since all the people he meet seem to think of him as perfectly norma:smile:l...Of course, they do live in the same universe as the main muppets where some of the frogs look like Kermit, so I guess fraggles would not be that much of a shock even if they were brand new:coy:...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, actually I could see a blend of different rationales. Doc wasn't able to see Gobo, and lots of people do seem to ignore Matt. However, Matt is able to order food, "steal" from grocers ... Also, people seem to come to his aid when he falls and such. Children also seem to accept his presence moreso than the adults. By the looks of that one episode where Matt mentions Halloween costumes, the Muppets are indeed popular enough to warrant Kermit/Piggy costumes. So, I would guess that some people are okay with Matt if they accept Muppet neighbors and such, while some people are "blind" to the non-humans around them. Even in the Muppet movies (the classic ones, anyway), Muppets are kind of ignored. Why that is, I can't guess. I usually interpret it in a Roger-Rabbit-kinda way, where Muppets, like Toons, represent any random ignored minority (it would also explain Kermit's constant Theater problems). In fact, (and this is just in general) humans only really seem to interact with Muppets if there are already some around (for example, Pete's already had talking rats before the Muppets showed up).

Now I'm confused ... I think I was getting to a point but my brain forgot what it was. :stick_out_tongue:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I always found it amusing that humans were perfectly accepting of Uncle Matt, walking past him and giving him things without a second thought. Even when he was doing something strange like making his food race against each other, or talking to the parking coin machines, they didn't even stare XD I assume it's all part of the humor, I mean, the muppets weren't stared at when they were walking down the streets of New York that I remember. They're just "part" of that universe I guess.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I always found it amusing that humans were perfectly accepting of Uncle Matt, walking past him and giving him things without a second thought. Even when he was doing something strange like making his food race against each other, or talking to the parking coin machines, they didn't even stare XD I assume it's all part of the humor, I mean, the muppets weren't stared at when they were walking down the streets of New York that I remember. They're just "part" of that universe I guess.
That's what I was thinking, not only are they use to the muppets being around they are use to muppet craziest, so Uncle Matt doing weird things might be like "Oh, Kermit is making another movie..."
Also, FR is suppose to take place over many years, so maybe word got around the world about 'if you see this muppet be nice to him'. I wonder if that dear humans of the world sort of postcard got out everywhere to :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
*bump* Because this topic is interesting to talk about with more members :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I would love to get postcards from Matt. He never ceases to provide an enlightening perspective on things.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
This is indeed an interesting conversation. I think that The Muppets have been absorbed so much into Pop culture that people have to treat Uncle Traveling Matt like one of their own, or risk embarrassing themselves in front of a piece of entertainment history, or on TV.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I just wonder in the FR version of the human world if Uncle Matt did become a little of a star? Or is just one of those things where they are so use to Kermit and his friends and Big Bird (who all live in the same world) that they think 'oh just another muppet, golly he's cute/odd/okay looking' :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I can imagine his popularity got a boost when he attended Manhattan Melodies.

Frackles

Reaction score
Didnt Doc get a letter from Kermit in one episode? If so, maybe it's just one universe that all muppets exist in alongside humans (talking hypothetically that is).