How to restore the Muppets to their former glory...

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I know Kirk still writes for the Muppets. I would like to see some of the old writers to come back along with some new blood that love the characters.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If I was in charge I would at least offer a creative consulting position of some kind to Frank Oz. He would not have to be involved in every little project, but just set the Muppets in the right course creativity, and character wise.

MWoO

Reaction score
As time goes by there are fewer and fewer people that understand what the chara ters are. Steve claimed to, but even he had this weird morally perfect vision of Kermit that was not true to his Jim Henson self.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
As time goes by there are fewer and fewer people that understand what the chara ters are. Steve claimed to, but even he had this weird morally perfect vision of Kermit that was not true to his Jim Henson self.
Agreed, Kermit basically became the Mickey Mouse of the group.

I agree that they need a Kevin Feige to keep the characters and franchise grounded. That's what they had when Jim was alive, and to a lessor extent in the 90s when Brian was at the helm. Not to mention, the performers need more control over what their characters do and the stories they take part in.
It's a pretty bittersweet subject matter. I believe Jim said something along the lines of "they'll live on if the audience wants them to"; the honest to God truth is they live on in memes, and part of me thinks Jim is smiling down on that, odd as that sounds. It seems fitting.
Yeah, as weird and tasteless memes can be by nature, i'm still always glad to see the characters have a major place in the mythos of the internet. Kermit is a meme icon! If Robbie Rotten has taught us anything, there can be a profound connection that people feel with people and characters who become memes.