How to format live shows

charlie bird

Reaction score
free tutorial on making a blacklight mask puppet

got it! and replied!

they are great!

cc
Yay! I'm glad you like them!I have now made a mask puppet making tutorial ,and would be happy to give you it.If any one else wants this tutorial please private message me your email.
thank you:big_grin:

charlie bird

Reaction score
oops!.I tride to make a link to it,I sadly can't delete this post

charlie bird

Reaction score
Hi again
I am wondering what the best black fabric for backlight is. I know it’s not the best question, but some black fabrics still have a glow to them, especially cotton.
Any information is appreciated
Thank you

charlie bird

Reaction score
Hallow agan just wanted to say that i am now doing a show for a middle school.The show will be performed without the use of much of a stage kinda avenue Q style.I did manage to find someone to help me do the show and make puppets.It is a cast of aboute 11 puppets.some are verry simple rod and string puppets.the mane characters are hand puppets.The set peices are big ,and are not made to cover up the puppeteers.It is a unieque show and breaks many traditions,but it is verry fun to watch and is more interactive and fun.
thank you,
Ben

crazy chris

Reaction score
so proud and excited for you ben!

if you ever get any pics or video! id love to see it!

im going to send you a little something on FB in a minute...hope u like it!

cc

charlie bird

Reaction score
so proud and excited for you ben!

if you ever get any pics or video! id love to see it!

im going to send you a little something on FB in a minute...hope u like it!

oh wow thanks ill check it out later!
Thanx for tha support,and Id love to send you some pictures of my new show.I am not quite sure about video and stuff because im not that good with tech.hahaha.I am terible at it actuallly.
ok so the puppets were made kind of quickly and are theatrical and not tv like but thats what i was goin for because there are so many.hahaha.I plan to do a more professional library show hopefully this summer.I also plan to sell some blacklight puppets on etsy to make money for it...hope that works out
thank you
Ben:smile:

doctort13

Reaction score
Flying solo

I too perform by myself. I could use a helper to set up & help change puppets between skits in my live show. So far I have done this by having one of the puppets "go backstage" sometimes still talking to the audience while I change puppets.

My show runs about 15-20 minutes and I'll be taking it outside later this year to perform at an inner-city outdoor market, I am excited about this and hope it goes well. So far I have performed at my daughter's school, an indoor farmer's market, and a coffee house.

As far as advice for puppet gigs, I've been playing for "tips" so far at neighborhood places that families go to. I have two young children and live in a city that is very puppet friendly. Try your local library or school, I am sure they would love to see your show. When I started playing live last year, I asked my daughter's teacher if I could perform for the class...they LOVED IT! As it's been suggested by others, keep notes for ideas, think about who you are writing for, then tweak it. Best of luck!