How old were you when you started liking Muppets?

how old were you when you started liking the muppets?

• older than 10

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • younger than 10

Votes: 36 69.2%

• Total voters

Eyeball

Reaction score
I was about 6 when i managed to appreciate the muppets after watching a VHS of MTM and some of my older sisters tapes of a few episodes of the show, i then craved for more.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Of course, I watched Sesame Street as a really little kid and watched Fraggle Rock before school on the Odessey Channel and The Muppet Show on the same channel after school. I think when I was in middle school, I actually tried to give up watching all things Muppets, obviously, it wasn't very successful. :smile:
I still enjoy watching them every opportunity I get, especially at Christmas time, watching all the Christmas specials every year. They got me through high school and college and all the hard times I've had since then.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I believe I was under five years of age when I started watching the Muppets and Sesame Street.

DrDientes

Reaction score
I watched Plaza Sesamo since I was a baby, but I didn't get in the rest of the Muppets until the 2011 movie. I was curious why the movie was being called "the comeback", so I started searching for Muppets on Google and here I am. :stick_out_tongue:

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
gee I feel like a loser! I liked sesame street and the muppets ever since I was born but only became obsessed recently...
Well that's okay, I mean I LOVE the Muppets but I'm not nearly as hardcore as a lot of the people on here. Just think, many people in this world don't know what Muppets are, and even worse, many people (gasp) don't like them! So you're good! :smile:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I was a '90s baby as well and I grew in a small town, but I still lived in the capital city of Indiana. I got into Flraggle Rock, Sesame Street, and finally the Muppet Show. I didn't get into this show until college. I thought Muppets was for babies just everything else that was aimed for children. I was wrong and what really boithers mne is now the Muppets are somehow are getting some hatred like other famous franchises including the Simpsonbs, SpongeBob Squarepants, and My Little Ponby. Do you think I might treated differently because I am a Muppet fan? Well, I do miss Jim, Richard and Jerry. I have always grown up with his characters. Right now, life is in the way and basically my dad was against the Muppets and now... my mom, she doesn't support me that I should still be into Muppet fandom. :cry: I don't know what to expect but haters are gonna hate.

That is all I am going to talk about. My guess for starting Muppets was around 3 to 4 years old.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
I started off watching Sesame Street when I was little. I grew up mostly watching alot of Elmo, but I always liked Big Bird and Cookie Monster. The most memorable episode for me was The Adventures Of Little Big Bird. I stopped watched it in 1st grade. I found out about The Muppets with the 2011 movie. Then, I got obsessed with the Muppets and Sesame Street and now Fraggle Rock.

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
I was a '90s baby as well and I grew in a small town, but I still lived in the capital city of Indiana. I got into Flraggle Rock, Sesame Street, and finally the Muppet Show. I didn't get into this show until college. I thought Muppets was for babies just everything else that was aimed for children. I was wrong and what really boithers mne is now the Muppets are somehow are getting some hatred like other famous franchises including the Simpsonbs, SpongeBob Squarepants, and My Little Ponby. Do you think I might treated differently because I am a Muppet fan? Well, I do miss Jim, Richard and Jerry. I have always grown up with his characters. Right now, life is in the way and basically my dad was against the Muppets and now... my mom, she doesn't support me that I should still be into Muppet fandom. :cry: I don't know what to expect but haters are gonna hate.

That is all I am going to talk about. My guess for starting Muppets was around 3 to 4 years old.
Don't let anybody judge you for liking the Muppets. If anything, we should be judging the people who don't! :smile:

AKaun6899

Reaction score
I watched Sesame Street when I was younger, but, I think I became an official fan around 2005-2006, when I was in Kindergarten. My teacher had a whole Jim Henson history thing going on, similar to how all elementary schools celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday, only I think this Henson thing lasted a week or so. I found a copy of the Kermit's 50th Birthday Edition of The Muppet Movie, and a Fraggle Rock DVD, and I officially got into it.

J Waughtal

Reaction score
i was 5-8 when i watched the muppets
but loved sesame street every since i was a baby