How much buying power is present here

Luke

Reaction score
Minor repairs is really nothing for me. I have experiance in carving and have done this kinda stuff for other companies. I could also do a foam nose considering the foam type that Terry used is quite expensive. I noticed Gonzo's whole head is made out of that nerf foam and that means replacing the whole inside of his head as well as the nose. That's a lot of work, a lot of time and money. Just maybe when the price is right on these Gonzo's, I will do a foam nose. But right now, the price is not right. So I will be happy with what he has. As for the Eyes and the nouth, that's little stuff that can be fixed! :wink:
..... and now we all know who to come to if ever our Animals and Gonzo's start rotting! :big_grin:

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Minor repairs is really nothing for me. I have experiance in carving and have done this kinda stuff for other companies. I could also do a foam nose considering the foam type that Terry used is quite expensive. I noticed Gonzo's whole head is made out of that nerf foam and that means replacing the whole inside of his head as well as the nose. That's a lot of work, a lot of time and money. Just maybe when the price is right on these Gonzo's, I will do a foam nose. But right now, the price is not right. So I will be happy with what he has. As for the Eyes and the nouth, that's little stuff that can be fixed! :wink:

I might be buying foam soon so if you ant to split a whole flat let me know.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I don't have much buying power at all :stick_out_tongue:. Just because someone is a member doesn't always mean that they are not a barely eating college student :wink:. The will is there but the way is paying my rent :wink:

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I have Kermie, Animal and Gonzo should be here tomorrow.

It sounds more likely to me (from Travis' comments) that MR had already been struggling with the nose issue and exhausted too much time and $ on the issue already when Disney suggested the stocking material cover-up. At that point, I'm sure the decision was made to stop fighting with the nose and go with the suggestion of the licensor. Yeah, I very much think a better solution could have been made, but we'd probably b!tch about it here anyway because it wouldn't be close enough to the foam. Still, the stocking was a really bad idea but I'm sure if Travis were in charge things would've been different.

Like many of us here have expressed, I would've spent more for a Gonzo with a more accurate nose (whether that be rubber or plastic or whatever) but I don't know if that goes for everyone buying him. If they would have chosen to go with a degradable foam, but a more accurate looking Gonzo, I also would've been okay with that, too.