How is Jerry Nelson doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matleo

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Jerry! And Happy Thanksgiving to you! PLEASE let us know more details about your CD. I'm sure there are many people here (myself included) who have been looking forward to something like this for a long time. Knowing your vocal range and abilities I'm sure it's an excellent CD.

Speaking of music, I was wondering if you've seen the new "Bohemian Rhapsody" video that's made the rounds this week and what you think of it?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

--Matt

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'm not sure when or where they will be available but I will let you all know if you are interested. I'm not even sure they are good. I like them but why wouldn't I? They're mine.
That's what matters right? :sing: But I'm sure that many people would like it, muppet fans and the uninitiated alike, because you have a very inspiring voice. Happy thanksgiving!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Thats very awesome Jerry. I'm happy for you. I'd buy a copy for sure. :smile:

Skekayuk

Reaction score
they are in the process of being made into my first album entitled, "Truro Daydreams". I'm not sure when or where they will be available but I will let you all know if you are interested. I'm not even sure they are good. I like them but why wouldn't I? They're mine.
Jerry,
Of course we're interested. Well some of us, anyway.
Please do let us know when the album is available. There's all kinds of music out there. And I'm guessing you probably have good taste in music.

Best Wishes
Emma Shane

"Light will make it bright..."

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I'm certainly interested in the album myself. It'd sure be nice to hear you sing again, Jerry. I miss your voice.

Quesal

Reaction score
Yea I miss Jerry's voice myself. John Kennedy and others have done ok in maintaining his characters' personalities, but Jerry's voice does have that special muppet vibe to it!

Yorick

Reaction score
Dear Mr. Nelson,

I will definitely buy your CD! In addition to your skill with puppets and the amazing range of voices you do, I must echo everyone who pointed out how great your singing voice is!

One song that especially sticks out for me is the song "Pedals Off A Rose" a.k.a. "Friends Always Say Goodbye" - that you sing in the last Fraggle episode. Your vocal delivery is so very moving, it's magic...and I'm not just saying it because you read these posts, either...I'm saying it because it's true. And I'm happy to add my voice to the choir telling you how special your voice is! :smile: The song from the first Fraggle episode is also magic, but a list of your greatest work would take forever, so I'll get to the point:

Your posts here (and fan stories of your kindness to them!) give the same positive vibe you give through your work - a true caring heart. Either this loving type of person is rare these days, or most of them feel the need to keep it hidden because the world is portrayed as too cynical...but maybe there are more around than we realize. And if they all spoke up, it would have a definite positive impact!

Thank you for the wise, inspiring words!

I'm very glad you seem to be feeling better, and I thank you so much for enriching our lives with your talent, Mr. Nelson! As others have said, we love you!

Cojo Art

Reaction score
That famous laugh.

Thanks Jerry, for inventing this laugh, but when you see it played out in an actual human being, it is a little strange.

I went to a birthday party a few weeks ago a friend had thrown for his girlfriend at a bar and there was a friend of a friend there who's a freelance reporter for the UN who actually had The Count laugh- as his own laugh. He wasn't joking, this was his actual laugh.

He's gotta be in his mid to late 40's, and he almost punctuated every thing he said with a bizarre and echoing count laugh. For example, when flirting with some girls at the party his joke might not work so he would look away from them and say to us something like: "I guess they don't have a sense of humor, AH AH AH AH AH".

And if you laughed while he was laughing, it just made him laugh more, the volume of his laugh would just amp up.

I pointed out to the party that this man has the Count Von Count laugh, which made him laugh, which made me laugh, which made him laugh louder, which made my chick laugh, and seriously it was one of those rolling building laughs that lasts a few minutes until you are crying and exhausted from laughing, and in this case a little creeped out, because you are laughing at the sound of another man's laugh.:confused:

At points in the night while he was laughing I would start to do the Count accent and say loudly to the crowd "Greetings, Now can you help me count the women at the party... One, AH AH AH, Two AH AH AH, Three AH AH AH "....etc..
The whole time he was laughing the count laugh over this display. A very weird situation.

Anyone else ever meet someone with The Count Laugh?

Convincing John

Reaction score
I don't know about the Count laugh, but I bet Jerry would get a kick out of this. There was a woman who went to our old church who laughed exactly like the female Koosebanian creature Jerry performed in the Galley-Oh-Hoop-Hoop sketch. Listen at the 36 second mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbXzpoH6m2c

I kid you not, this woman was one of those people who laughs a lot and I mean a lot. If the pastor made a joke during the sermon, if it was at some church dinner or if you ran into her at the grocery store, that Koosebanian cackle was sure to burst out and you could hear it a block away. (It was hard for me not to laugh whenever she did that).:crazy:

Oooh! And also Jerry's new CD's coming out soon! Yaaaaay! As soon as I can, I'm pre-ordering it! Go Jerry!

Convincing John

Yorick

Reaction score
I'd love a link to pre-order Jerry's CD! :sing:Thanks!:batty:

Status
Not open for further replies.