How is Jerry Nelson doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skogs34

Reaction score
Here's one question I'd like you to ask Jerry. "What's your favorite Muppet to perform during your time as a Muppeteer?"
I guess my all time favorite was a puppet made by Caroly Wilcox for "Saturday Night Live" whose name was Scred, or Skred as they say in the Land Of Gorch. Scred was the most responsive, expressive puppet I ever had a hand in doing, so to speak. :crazy:

pattywack

Reaction score
I know this is a given, but do you ever plan to come back to the Muppet Show franchise?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What are some of your favorite keepsakes from your years of Muppeteering? :sing:

skogs34

Reaction score
I know this is a given, but do you ever plan to come back to the Muppet Show franchise?
I don't see it in the cards I've got in my hand right now, no. But you know that old saying, "Never say never". Howzzat for nebulous?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I don't see it in the cards I've got in my hand right now, no. But you know that old saying, "Never say never". Howzzat for nebulous?
Hey Jerry,

I had a nebulous once...but I got it removed.

It's so good to see you are here at MC again, and I really do hope you are well. As always, it's such a pleasure to see you and to be reminded of all the wonderful Muppety moments you've given us in the past. Hope you're life is full of peace and laughter, right now.

-- Beau

Convincing John

Reaction score
I have a question for Jerry too. I just want to mention something first.

Remember when Gobo met Doc for the first time? Before Gobo went back into the Fraggle hole, he happily looks up at Doc with obvious gratitude and says "Thanks! Thanks for everything!"

When I think about Jerry's work over the years, that's exactly how I feel.

Coincidentally, my question is a Gobo-related one. Jerry, if offered the chance, would you consider lending your talents (or at least your voice) to the upcoming Fraggle film?

If you're reading this Jerry, have a great day and oh yeah, and "thanks...thanks for everything!"

Josh

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hello Jerry, nice to see you here.

What is your favorite Fraggle episode? What is your favorite Fraggle song?

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Hey Jerry,

Have to say Im a little star struck- :smile: You and your work, and the team you belong to have touched and changed my life in so many ways, and I cant tell you what an honor it is to even have a chance that you could be reading this, just does not seem possible. I look up to you guys, thank you for all your years of work to make us smile :smile:
Hope all is well, and you are feeling better,

Love,
Katie

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
My Facebook Interview with Jerry Nelson

You've heard of the podcast "Muppet Cast", right? Well I was wondering if I could do alittle "Facebook question/answer session" with you.. via e-mail. The following questions are from Muppet Central.

1. Jerry, in all of the years that you have worked for the Muppets, what advice would you give to somebody who would try to go into performing puppets?

I ask this because because I am trying my work and making my own videos and experimenting with a puppet on camera and in front of a mirror. Thanx. -zns

zns,
I never set out to be a puppeteer so I'm not really qualified to answer this question. My advice to anyone wanting to do anything is to just keep doing it until you do it really well. "Practice makes perfect" is an adage for good reason. It's true! With puppets, Lip sync, focus and make it as real as you can. Tension makes it interesting so conflict has to be part of what is happening. Study everything. Acting, singing, music, dance, people, animals, yourself, nature, the universe and life with all it's vicissitudes. By the time you have all that down, you'll probably be working as either a puppeteer or a librarian and that'll be okay too because you can do puppet shows for birthday parties on your day off.

2. What are some of your favorite keepsakes from your years of Muppeteering? -frogboy4

Frogboy4,

Lori Champagne, Chris Smigliano and fans from Muppet Central sent me a Champagne Recognition Award after Muppet Fest, which I proudly display in my office. That's One, One favorite thing. Ah Ah Ah!

Marianne Murphy Made a beautiful Happy Birthday scrapbook with computer pictures of my characters with quotes from the Muppet show and Fraggle Rock. That is Two, two favorite things! Ah Ah Ah!

Muppet belt buckles, a silver Kermit, all those things are wonderful things but things are after all only things and are only important because they stir the memory of something better.

I keep in my heart the most precious of all, the love I have felt from all the friends and fans I have played with and met over the years.

3. Remember when Gobo met Doc for the first time? Before Gobo went back into the Fraggle hole, he happily looks up at Doc with obvious gratitude and says "Thanks! Thanks for everything!"

When I think about Jerry's work over the years, that's exactly how I feel.

Coincidentally, my question is a Gobo-related one. Jerry, if offered the chance, would you consider lending your talents (or at least your voice) to the upcoming Fraggle film? -Convincing John

Convincing John,

The children of Jim Henson can always count on me for anything. ( but I won't fly, they'll have to send a bus)

4. "On The Muppets you often seem to be teamed up with Louise Gold, and make a pretty dynamic duo (The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Secret Life Of Toys, Muppet Treasure Island), what’s it like working with her?" -Skekayuk

Skekayuk,

Louise is so phenomenal. What a talent and such a dream to work with. She gives 120% 100% of the time. I loved working with Louise Gold and I miss her sunny personality and smile, her laughter, and her beautiful voice and everything about her. I wish I was young again and could do even more plays, songs and shows with Louise.

Does that give some idea as to how I felt and feel about working
with the "girl of my dreams" to play opposite.

zns

Reaction score
1. Jerry, in all of the years that you have worked for the Muppets, what advice would you give to somebody who would try to go into performing puppets?

I ask this because because I am trying my work and making my own videos and experimenting with a puppet on camera and in front of a mirror. Thanx. -zns

zns,
I never set out to be a puppeteer so I'm not really qualified to answer this question. My advice to anyone wanting to do anything is to just keep doing it until you do it really well. "Practice makes perfect" is an adage for good reason. It's true! With puppets, Lip sync, focus and make it as real as you can. Tension makes it interesting so conflict has to be part of what is happening. Study everything. Acting, singing, music, dance, people, animals, yourself, nature, the universe and life with all it's vicissitudes. By the time you have all that down, you'll probably be working as either a puppeteer or a librarian and that'll be okay too because you can do puppet shows for birthday parties on your day off.
Thanks Jerry. I appreciate your advice. As long as I still have my one character, Morris Monster, I will keep working with him and see where he takes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.