How is Jerry Nelson doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Aw, what a lovely interview! It's nice to hear his natural voice, even though he sounds so much like some of his characters!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score

Convincing John

Reaction score
Jerry's OK, then? (Whew!) I heard he wasn't feeling well there for a while and I am so relieved to hear he sounded good in the interview. (If you're still visiting MC from time to time, you're in my prayers, Jerry!)

I haven't had time to listen to the interview yet, I can't now 'cause I'm at work. (Checkin' MC during my break):wink:

I read at Tough Pigs where someone saw him voice, but not perform Fat Blue (Mr. Johnson) for a recent sketch and everyone applauded him! Wish I could've been there to applaud him too...(sigh)

Maybe the Fraggle Rock movie will be his last hurrah as far as performing characters. I could see him doing the voice for Count et al. while someone else performs the puppets for a while.

I agree with Jamie. Jerry really is at the heart of Fraggle Rock. It's impossible to imagine the Rock without him.

Convincing John

skogs34

Reaction score
ZNS's Poem

Zachary, That is a beautiful tribute poem.
I love the way you wove his characters into the fabric of the piece.
Very nice and thank you for sharing that with us.

skogs34

Reaction score
I know I'm not the biggest Muppet or Fraggle Rock fan on the forums, let alone the world, but I know--and had learned--that you've performed several of my favorite characters. And hearing about your health problems over the years made me a bit worried, but hearing that you're still alive and performing gives me relief on the inside.

Again, I'm not the biggest fan (I've never even seen the Muppet Show), but if you're reading this at this very second, a week from now, or even ten years from now, I hope you'll still give an ear to listen to a not-very-old-fashioned fan.

~ Morgan "Clueless" Goat

PS: I love your voice, and I was wondering if you can give me some advice as how to do voices like yours? I'm a girl, and a young one, as well, but I'm willing to try.
Morgan-Clueless, The best way to do great voices is to play with your voice. Get to know all the things it can do and sounds it can make. Put it through its paces everyday. Clue for Clueless, do this in private or you will drive your parents or brothers or sisters or friends abso-every-kindo-lutely way crazy. Listen to Bobby McFerrin
<http://www.bobbymcferrin.com/> Be the very best you can be and it will be plenty good enough.

skogs34

Reaction score
Dear Sgt. Floyd...I mean Lew Zealand...I mean The Count Von Count...I mean Robin..I mean Jerry,

It's an honor to be on the same forum with you. I hope you get better real soon. Now for a question...Do you know anything about the Fraggle Rock film? Have you been contacted or anything? Are you ever going to come to Indiana?

Best wishes,
MuppetMarc
I know this is answering a post made years ago but: I know nothing about the Fraggle film, they have not contacted me and I lived in Franklin, Indiana for half a year when I was eight but can't think of a reason to return.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I know this is answering a post made years ago but: I know nothing about the Fraggle film, they have not contacted me and I lived in Franklin, Indiana for half a year when I was eight but can't think of a reason to return.
I bet I can give you even fewer reasons to come to Southern Illinois... :wink:

Mr. Nelson, please know that I'm incredibly honored to be on the same forum with you. And I'd like to thank you a million times over for sending me a signed picture of The Count a couple of years ago. I know you probably don't remember signing it for me, but my name is Ryan Dosier and it means more than you know!

Take care, Jerry! Thanks for popping in to visit us here!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Mr. Nelson,

Hi My name is Dwayne, and I'm good friends with Jim Lewis. Jim has done a wonderful thing for fans by answering questions from fans. Now I know that you may be busy, or whatever and can not make it to the forums every day, or week. If you would like someone as a kind of go between, from the forum and you. I would be happy to help.

My e mail is dwayne1115@gmail.com

If you would like to do a kind of ask Jerry thing where fans can ask you questions and once a week month or whenever you can answer I would be more then happy to help you, just let me know. Thanks Jerry for all the wonderful work you have done, and are still doing.

zns

Reaction score
Zachary, That is a beautiful tribute poem.
I love the way you wove his characters into the fabric of the piece.
Very nice and thank you for sharing that with us.
It all comes from the heart. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, Jerry! Glad to see you at MC. I still appreciate the shout-out you and Dave Goelz gave at MuppetFest. :smile:

I hope you'll be able to visit on the site more often. You're a super person!

Status
Not open for further replies.