How is Jerry Nelson doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Mr. Nelson,
Thank you so much for keeping us up to date on your current health struggles. I'm glad you were well enough to let us all know how you were doing. We have all been very concerned with how you were doing. I will keep this brief as I'm sure you don't get on here often and when you do have much to catch up with, but please know that we wish you all the best and really appreciate your participation on this message board and of course your contributions to the Muppets and works of the Henson Company.
Best wishes, Melissa Y.

I know this question was posed a long time ago but I have had other things on my mind and have not read or posted for quite a while. It is long and boring but I have had health issues for a couple of years now. Different ones. I have COPD which is cronic obstructive pulmonary disease generally and emphysema specifically.I have had this for fifteen years or so but only in the last four years has it become problematic. Two years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and went through radiation treatment sucessfully. This spring I was in the hospital with pneumonia and am still recovering from that. Complicated by the COPD, this recovery process takes some time. I am happy to say that as of this posting I do intend to work with my old friend Count Von Count again this next season.

To all who have written, I thank you and apologize for not responding.
You guys are the best fans ever.

Jerry Nelson

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Mr. Nelson.

I did not realize exactly how ill you were until I came across this thread. I deeply sympathize and pray you recover speedily.:sympathy:

Thank you for the replies you have given my occasional Private Message and I loved the joke you made in the last one. You have a fantastic sense of humour:big_grin:

Best wishes from Martin

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know this question was posed a long time ago but I have had other things on my mind and have not read or posted for quite a while. It is long and boring but I have had health issues for a couple of years now. Different ones. I have COPD which is cronic obstructive pulmonary disease generally and emphysema specifically.I have had this for fifteen years or so but only in the last four years has it become problematic. Two years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and went through radiation treatment sucessfully. This spring I was in the hospital with pneumonia and am still recovering from that. Complicated by the COPD, this recovery process takes some time. I am happy to say that as of this posting I do intend to work with my old friend Count Von Count again this next season.

To all who have written, I thank you and apologize for not responding.
You guys are the best fans ever.

Jerry Nelson
Oh my gosh!!! Jerry, it's such an honor to have you posting here at our wonderful forum! I knew that you guys visit it from time to time, but I had no idea you really actually posted here. I would just like to say I am terribly sorry to hear about what all you've had to and are still going through, while at the same time, I too am so happy to hear you're doing better, and I'm super-thrilled that you're going to keep on counting with The Count!

I hope you post again soon!
Your fan, "D'Snowth"

Robin

Reaction score
Twiddlebug is gone... I can Imagine a new character will emerge soon!
Jerry is a very nice man!:sing: man! scoodooby do wa!!!!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
You'll be in my prayers, Jerry. I hope everything gets better for you.

Also, what happened to his name Twiddlebug? I thought you couldn't delete a member? Oh well, I guess we'll figure it out eventally.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
It was so nice of you to post and update on how you are doing. The original post may have been old, but our interest in your welfare has not waned. We were concerned, and glad to know you are feeling up to some Sesame Street antics for us this year. Thanks so much for keeping us in the loop, and, as others have already said--please let us know if there is anything we can send you in cyberspace. With fondest wishes and tremendous respect,

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping us up to date, Mr. Nelson. I'm sorry to hear about your health problems and I, like everyone else, hope you get well soon. You are a true asset to the world of entertainment and God bless you.

You the man, Jerry! :crazy:

superboober

Reaction score
Dear Mr. Nelson,

I too am hopeful that things end up going well for you, and that many fruitful years lie ahead. Your influence on myself and indeed all of us around this planet of ours is incalcuable. :sing:

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Hey Jerry,
You have always had nothing but the utmost respect from me. I have learned so much from watching your performances over the years. I wish I could work with you again some day. Give my best to Jan. Keep resting and take care.
Your biggest (and maybe) oriiginal fan,
Mike Quinn

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh... Please forgive me for not coming here sooner.

Ah... What to say?
1 Your post total: N/A? That made me laugh.
2 Rully hope you can get somewhat better, regarding your current health.
3 It warms the heart to know you're still performing your classic characters, and occasionally new ones as well.
Would hope we may get the chance to meet each other some day...

Take care and post when you get the chance.

From one Count to another.
Eduardo.

Status
Not open for further replies.