How do you collect?

Buttercup

Reaction score
Are you a completist, searching for even the rarest Muppets? Or do you just buy what you like? Are you somewhere in between?

I pretty much just buy what I like, with some exceptions, I'm not half as big a fan of Bunsen as I am of Beaker, but I'm getting him because they go together. I don't like a lot of the versions of the characters (ie Police Fozzie, most of the tuxedo versions) but there are some that I MUST have (Koozebane Kermit :smile: ).

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm kind of in between. I like to get all of my favorite characters (Series five was *awesome!*) but some of the figures I'm not too familiar with (like, from The Muppet Show, since I haven't seen much of it) I'm not too interested in, examples would be Pigs in Space, and Patrol Bear. And I don't go after the exclusives either, too much money and I just don't have a lot of it. I have EB Games exclusive Piggy (it was free, what can I say) and I have the Tuxedo Kermit. That's about it for exclusives.

Moran9969

Reaction score
I'm pretty much a collector of em all...

I like some of the variants, but I don't get the exact variants with redone painting. I have all the figures from series one through five, and three from series six, minus Patrol Fozzie. Each one of the playsets are displayed in my cabinet, and I can't wait for more! The only exclusives that I have so far, are Koozebane Kermit, Invisible Fozzie, Vaudeville Statler & Waldorf, and Steppin' out Bunsen & Beaker. I'm still waiting for my eBay order of Tux Kermit and Glamour Piggy to come in... coming up waiting two months now!

Buttercup

Reaction score
I also don't, generally speaking, collect the convention exclusives (though I desperately want The Messy Chef) but I do get store exclusives sometimes.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Right now I don't have but the swedish kitchen because I just started collected a week or two ago, but I have a couple hundred dollars worth of figures on order and I'm waiting to get them in the mail. Basically, when I collect something I want every different one that was made.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I buy what I can get my hands on, but I don't go all out of the way to get something if I have to work really hard for it (ie, some exclusives or repaints, etc).

beaker

Reaction score
Buttercup said:
Are you a completist, searching for even the rarest Muppets? Or do you just buy what you like? Are you somewhere in between?
QUOTE]

Well, from series 1 thru 5 I somehow mangaed to get every single character version, repaint, and then some. Then I moved and gave some away, sold some on ebay, etc. I just dont have room for em, as the figures are so big! I mostly just get the 'obscure' characters, or ones with cool accessories or packins. Now mini muppets, thats another story....we need more of em!

Anyways, Ive been a hardcore Muppet collector since I was 3(fer real!) so the completist side has alwyas been a part of me.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Buttercup said:
Some day, I'd like to own it all, but I start by just getting the ones I want most.

rexcrk

Reaction score
One of the reasons I don't try and get every single figure is because of money. Not only that, but like, the conventions are never anywhere near me, and since I'm only 15, I can't drive yet :stick_out_tongue: And on eBay, some of this stuff is expensive :embarrassed: :concern:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Me I would love to get them all. I've bid on some on ebay. So I should be getting alot of the other that I don't have. I know I'm getting Scooter and Piggy and Kermit from the first series. I can't wait to win the 28 I bidded on. What cool is that since I work at Goodwill I get alot of Muppet stuff and Sesame Street. So I collect alot of Muppet stuff. I just found an old Muppet book. "The case of the Missing Mother" w/ the Muppets seachering for Animal's Mother. I have fond memiors of this book as a child. Mos the things I collect are books, plushes, Restruant toys. Just about anything that has to do w/ the Muppets and Sesame Street.