Homemade Grover at eBay

zoetrope

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I believe puppets are subject to the "Stuffed Articles Act"
I think that law only applies to politicians. :embarrassed:

doctort13

Reaction score
The Fisher-Price Grover puppet that we had as kids looked more like Grover than this hack-pro knock-off!

$75!!! #@!* :grouchy:

rtgentry

Reaction score
gee thanks for the encouragement, FYI, I had a reserve of like $500 , I did not plan on selling it, I just wanted to see what kind of response I got from the auction. I can see some of you have very kind personalities and others well stink , thanks

Ryan

Reaction score
I think it's pretty decent, but may I give some suggestions? Just a little creative criticism. His eyes look a little unfocused, which is a big deal. the eyes of a puppet are the most important thing, they symbolize what the character is like. Also, I know noses are hard, trut me, but this one seems just a little off. With a little practice, this guy could look peachy neat.

Beebers

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
That's a very good point. I hadn't thought of that. I wasn't trying to be mean about the rod, it just struck me as a funny statement "Does not include arm rod." Like an arm rod was an option like you'd have for a car.

*Buck resolves to stop mocking ebay auctions* :zany:
I agree, and please don't stop mocking the ebay auctions, someone's GOT to do it.

:wink:

zoetrope

Reaction score
rtgentry said:
I can see some of you have very kind personalities and others well stink , thanks
I hope I'm not in the stinky catagory. :concern:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I just re-read this thread and I have to make a comment about something. We already know that when someone does it it's copyright infringement, but we still end up saying the same thing every time we see one of these. Personally, when I made a Mahna-Mahna puppet I was torn as to offer it up as an ebay sale item or in a trade, and I chose a trade because I didn't want to get hacked to death by my friends around here!

Ryan's post in this thread was a breath of fresh air, explaining the magic-triangle (eye focus in association with the nose) and offering constructive criticism. I still say you're cheating yourself starting the price at $75, but now that you mention that you didn't want to sell it anyways it makes sense.

I guess what I'm saying is that we're always so negative toward folks who make Muppets and sell them off on ebay or wherever (me included in the negative front) and what we should do is be more constructive toward how they build these things, and REINFORCE their puppet making abilities so maybe they WILL begin making their own creations! We can easily say we don't like that they are making puppets of Muppets and selling them in only a few words, but let's stop bashing people over it and start trying to convince them to make their own creations.

Anybody with me on this or am I all alone?

zoetrope

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Anybody with me on this or am I all alone?
I'm with you as long as it means I'm not one of the stinky people.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
zoetrope said:
I'm with you as long as it means I'm not one of the stinky people.

Just take a bath and you'll be okay; but for now... :embarrassed: