Hey, you guys who know about dogs...

Misskermie

Reaction score
So, I was hoping that you could tell me what's wrong with my dog's ear, because my dad is apparently too tired to look at it! Well my dog's left ear is really really swollen, but if she only sleeps all day, what could it be from? It just appeared! Her ear is like... You know how thin a dog's ear is! and it is now this swollen/wide. (Look down.)

-------------------

------------------

Like, in between the lines is how thick it is.

So, what's wrong with my Doggy?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Could it be some type of allergy or an insect bite? Anyway, she needs to see a vet that way she can have the best diagnosis for this problem.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Well yeah, she's a walkin' flea bag, but her bug bites aren't usually that huge. I don't know if she'll let the vet touch her, cause she's a pitbull

Beakerfan

Reaction score
She may have mites - my dog had them once and the infested area looked like a tumor on his lip.
Also...
If the ear is swollen, does it bother her? Is she whiny or holding the ear down? Because that would mean she is probably in pain. Is she scratching the ear a lot?
Feel the ear. Is it hot? What does it feel like compared to her other ear? Will she even let you touch it?
These questions will help diagnose what is wrong with the ear.

My best guesses are:
Mites
Abscess (due to infection)
Bee sting

No matter what, if the swelling is that bad, she needs medical treatment. Without a vet, it could be poorly diagnosed and not treated properly.

mo

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure but i think it sounds like some sort of bug bite I think the best think to do is take her to the vet or see if it goes down i know this advice is really unprofessional...I hope she gets better soon i really like dogs I'm getting one soon...

gonzosgirl1987

Reaction score
a bite sounds like what could be wrong but from my previous experience my shar pei kept whining and pawing at her ears and she ended up having an ear infection also if the vet is not able to touch him/her request a muzzle i always have to for my shar pei because shes territorial

Misskermie

Reaction score
She may have mites - my dog had them once and the infested area looked like a tumor on his lip.
Also...
If the ear is swollen, does it bother her? Is she whiny or holding the ear down? Because that would mean she is probably in pain. Is she scratching the ear a lot?
Feel the ear. Is it hot? What does it feel like compared to her other ear? Will she even let you touch it?
These questions will help diagnose what is wrong with the ear.

My best guesses are:
Mites
Abscess (due to infection)
Bee sting

No matter what, if the swelling is that bad, she needs medical treatment. Without a vet, it could be poorly diagnosed and not treated properly.
I think it bothers her. She's a little squirmy if I touch it, but the ear moves like it usually does. She won't scratch it, it's hot... Yeah... My poor puppy.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I don't know if she'll let the vet touch her, cause she's a pitbull
Pits are not bad dogs by nature. Any dog can be vicious depending on who trains them to be that way. Blame the deed, not the breed.