HEY! They're actually reviving Young Justice for a third season

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's some unbelievable news

The show we hate Teen Titans Go for replacing is actually coming back. It was hinted that if the 2 season series got enough views on Netflix (though I don't know exactly how they confirm that) there might be a chance.

I hope this isn't one of those times the show comes back and the fanbase that whined about it getting canned don't all the sudden rush to complain about a drop in quality.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now this is incredible to hear! We can finally get some closure with this show! :smile:

Now all WB needs to do in un-cancel Green Lantern: TAS and Beware the Batman along with it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: !!! What?!? That's fantastic news. Maybe Greg Weisman isn't cursed after all.

My sister's gonna be really happy to hear this. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now all WB needs to do in un-cancel Green Lantern: TAS and Beware the Batman along with it.
I'd say unfortunately, both have no real chance of a comeback. Green Lantern was screwed over by its own movie, and the new Justice League cartoon seems to go where Batman would. Plus, both shows were "written off" which means WB and CN have no interest or bother in reviving them. Same reason why we'll never see any more Megas XLR. They just buried the rights and won't do anything with them. I wish they continued BTB as a Toonami series, same way Samurai Jack's new seasons would, but they didn't and even had to air all the remaining episodes at once before their self imposed rights ran out. Meaning that even a small programming block cares more about fans than the entire network. But, frankly between the two of them, I'd rather they continued Green Lantern. The show was a wonderful way to wash the taste of the movie out of everyones' mouths (though I'm one that didn't outright hate the film for what it was, even though the main star despised it as much as movie goers did).

Young Justice was canned because the demographic for the show wasn't watching or buying the toys, while the show's audience was older girls. I.e. the ones that should be watching Teen Nick crap. I'm glad CN changed its tune to some extent which let shows like Adventure Time and Steven Universe thrive in the past few years.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Young Justice was canned because the demographic for the show wasn't watching or buying the toys, while the show's audience was older girls. I.e. the ones that should be watching Teen Nick crap. I'm glad CN changed its tune to some extent which let shows like Adventure Time and Steven Universe thrive in the past few years.
Yup, progress. Who knows, maybe in a few years we can actually get a show starring a female lead, which we haven't had since Juniper Lee.

And I guess WB has a history of doing this. Back in the 90s they supposedly cancelled Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain because they were popular with the wrong demographic, only instead of girls it was older, probably college aged viewers.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And I guess WB has a history of doing this. Back in the 90s they supposedly cancelled Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain because they were popular with the wrong demographic, only instead of girls it was older, probably college aged viewers.
Pinky and the Brain they kinda knew they had an adult demographic and that's why the first season of the show was sitcom-y. So they could put it in prime time, but it failed against 60 Minutes. Freakazoid was a bigger example of older demos hurting the series, since it was pretty much made for an older audience, even by accident. Considering the fact the original concept was a toyetic super hero that made Spider-Man level snarky comments (as if Spider-Man didn't have his own cartoon at the time), and it turned into delightful nonsense that little kids couldn't appreciate. Heck, the fact that the Steven Spielberg/Warner Bros cartoons were appealing to adults went back as far as the pilot for Tiny Toons where Buster name checked the "Short weird guys with bad hair."

I'd say the problem with most modern super hero cartoons is that they're in this kinda unfair box where they have to appeal to adult comic fans and be kid friendly, and it either falls one way or the other. All the crap the Marvel cartoons undeservedly get, their popularity stems from them being just kid friendly enough. Heck, Batman Brave and the Bold got crap for not being a Timmiverse version of the character, and then fans loving it anyway. And I remember people whining about how Spectacular Spider-Man wasn't the 90's series and dared to have the look of a 2000 era cartoon, only for it to be the definitive Spider-Man show to the point anything beyond it can't be allowed to flourish.

Of course, I love how TTG is somehow more kid appeal than the other DCU cartoons when they do nothing but make 80's references kids won't get and shove in social satire they'd scratch their heads over. Somehow detailed romantic subplots and grey morality is less appealing to kids than an allegory for colleges screwing students out of money they won't get.

mr3urious

Reaction score
And I remember people whining about how Spectacular Spider-Man wasn't the 90's series and dared to have the look of a 2000 era cartoon, only for it to be the definitive Spider-Man show to the point anything beyond it can't be allowed to flourish.
And Marvel is starting over with a new Spider-Man cartoon next year. I personally think it's a little too soon to air it, as Ultimate only has 3 episodes to go.

http://diskingdom.com/2016/10/08/ma...ted-series-set-to-debut-on-disney-xd-in-2017/

Somehow detailed romantic subplots and grey morality is less appealing to kids than an allegory for colleges screwing students out of money they won't get.
And that managed to go over my head at first, too! :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
And Marvel is starting over with a new Spider-Man cartoon next year. I personally think it's a little too soon to air it, as Ultimate only has 3 episodes to go.
I heard of that and I'm mixed. If there's one thing I liked about Ultimate Spider-Man, it's that it didn't have to follow (and actually legally couldn't) any movie version of the character. The CGI series and Spectacular kinda followed the first movie trilogy, similar to Batman TAS taking cues from the Tim Burton films. I have all confidence that Sony would have ended Spectacular anyway and replace it with something Amazing Spider-Man inspired. Plus, Ultimate was Disney's sneaky way of adding Spidey to the MCU while Sony had the movie rights by way of having Agent Coulson as a major character, among other things. And I did like the Brave and the Bold with continuity format of the series. Spidey is one thing, but having the likes of Howard the Duck and Deadpool drop in (even for just a brief cameo) was a joy to see.

But I'd say after the third season, I would rather them try something different. Though since the cartoon shows are all interconnected and movie based, it's going to be strange to see how Spidey now fits in with a different take on the character. They can't just dub over voice actors like they did with the first Avengers cartoon.

And that managed to go over my head at first, too! :smirk:
Whatever can be said about TTG, you have to admit, it can get pretty subversive like Gumball.

C to the J

Reaction score
Another perfect example of fans asking for another season of their favorite show. Although I've neither watched Young Justice nor had a part in saving it, I'm certainly happy for the fans. We could definitely do the same for Wander Over Yonder if we try harder. It may not be on Netflix yet, but I found that sending polite letters and emails is the most important part of showing interest in a renewal. That, and we must purchase everything related to the show. I have seasons one and two of WOY on iTunes (43 half-hours total), and let me tell you, there's still room for more.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Another perfect example of fans asking for another season of their favorite show. Although I've neither watched Young Justice nor had a part in saving it, I'm certainly happy for the fans. We could definitely do the same for Wander Over Yonder if we try harder. It may not be on Netflix yet, but I found that sending polite letters and emails is the most important part of showing interest in a renewal. That, and we must purchase everything related to the show. I have seasons one and two of WOY on iTunes (43 half-hours total), and let me tell you, there's still room for more.
Well, Craig McCracken has already said that he's trying to start on some new projects, so I say we just wait to see what those are instead. Besides, most of the crew has already moved on to other shows (good for them) anyway, so I say we're kind of just chasing our tails with the save WOY stuff at this point.