HEROES on NBC

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I think Claire's eyes were glazed over because she was technically dead. If you look, you'll see she's pale too until the mortician pulls the stick outta' her head. Then her eyes got their color back and her complexion became warm also.
I've never really seen anyone's eyes like that, even when they're dead. Guess I've been watching too much C.S.I.:big_grin:

They must be using the same effects for cases like Issac and Peter.

Vic Romano said:
That leads me to wonder if she feels the pain her body sustains before healing. I've noticed she winces, but like the time her hand got all carved up in the garbage disposal, it looked more like frustration then pain, and I know if that were me I probably would have yelped. When Wolverene gets shot or cut or even when his claws come out, he does feel pain, albeit temporary. In fact, some artists actually draw blood spraying from his knuckles when his claws are released, but he as a high tolerance for pain, even though he may not be immune to it.
Yeah, I wondered the same thing. Something tells me that she's so much like Wolverine that she actually can withstand pain more than he does. I'm just wondering how much pain she felt when she was lying on that autopsy table, with her ribs and other organs exposed like that. MAN! That was disturbing to watch!

Vic Romano said:
Anyone reading the comic online? Peter's brother Nathan in the third issue uses his power of flight to rescue a woman from a burning building, leaving her in the alley with his coat and a "VOTE PERELLI" button. Lol! It would appear in his conversation with Niki that he's increasingly becoming curious about his powers too.
Yeah, I read both the ones for Hiro and that Arabic character (I forgot his name), too. I liked Hiro's, because I really believe he's going to be the one character in the show that will save NYC and the rest of the world, mostly because of his personal feelings of what happened years ago in Hiroshima.

I also like how Nathan is starting to become curious. I just wish he wouldn't criticize his brother the way he does (reminds me so much of mine), like in last week's episode when he said that his brother had tried to commit suicide, when he really was just testing his "powers".

Vic Romano

Reaction score
MGov said:
Niki's ex-husband is dead and buried in the desert. The ring she found wasn't from one of his crew, it was his. Her alter-ego killed him.
Did they reveal that or is it a theory? I'm curious how the kid's role is going to play out.
muppetwriter said:
...lying on that autopsy table, with her ribs and other organs exposed like that. MAN! That was disturbing to watch!
Seriously! I'm surprised they get away with such gore on that show!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Did they reveal that or is it a theory? I'm curious how the kid's role is going to play out.
Is it just me or does anyone else think that kid has a power of his own? That power being super intelligence. Because Nikki often mentions how smart he is for his age.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
muppetwriter said:
Is it just me or does anyone else think that kid has a power of his own? That power being super intelligence. Because Nikki often mentions how smart he is for his age.
Excellent show!
I too think the kid will have some kind of special power... remember the baby in the movie 'The Incredibles?'
Maybe this kid will save the day somewhere down the road.

Frogster

Reaction score
I've heard so many good things about this show! I'm so glad someone started a thread on this. Hey Vic, how can I catch all four episodes? I haven't seen a one of them, and I'd like to start from the beginning. Also, on LOST, there's a character named Desmond who now has psychic abilities... they told us one character from LOST would resemble someone from Heroes. THANX!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
S'up, Luke m'bruvva'? :wink: Click on the link in my first post and that'll take you to the HEROES home page and I believe you can watch all 4 episodes start to finish online. :big_grin:

MGov

Reaction score
It's theory that Niki's ex is dead and her alter ego killed him.

But add that to her kid having powers and how much the kid wants to see his dad, and you have a good conflict later on when he finds out his mother killed him.

And the commercial I saw tonight said the key at this point is going to be "Save the cheerleader."

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
On Sunday night (Oct 22), NBC will rebroadcast all of the first three episodes! Starting at 8 PM.

Then a new episode on Monday.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Somehow, the key to the Cheerleader thing, is if you watch the last episode, the dude painted the cheerleader running from something. Maybe that something is the thing that is going to take over the world. MY theories on this show are as follows.
They have been given special powers that kinda co-incide with their jobs. ie, the painter that can see into the future. The only way he can do that and warn people what's gonna happen, is if he paints it, cause they can't read his mind. The woman who has split personalities, she has to because in one personality, what she does would be considered immoral, but to the other one, it's just a way of life. I'm not sure about the other ones, but the cheerleader is the key to the whole thing, and she can't die UNLESS something were to happen where the world will explode or something. That's what they have to prevent.

Daniel