Henson sells Muppets to Disney

What do you think of Disney buying the Muppets and Bear?

• It's great! Disney can keep the Muppets alive and visible.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • It's awful! The Muppets will go downhill and quality will suffer.

Votes: 87 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beaker

Reaction score
SarahHIYE said:
Hehe, um.... don't take this the wrong way but I hope they still throw penguins. hehe. Just a little something to lighten the mood :wink:
the day the random penguin tossing ends is the day I throw in the collective muppet towel.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Okay, here is my question for all the smart people, (I'm not one of them!)

"What is going to happen to Fraggle Rock"?

Are we going to see anything of it? Does Henson plan on doing anything with it????

I just hope the Fraggle's dont die-off.

Didymus

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand, I wish that the Muppets could have stayed completely in the Henson's hands. On the other hand, hopefully this move will prove to be beneficial to both parties in the long run.

I like this thread better than the two Muppet communities over at LiveJournal. At least here there's a bit of rationality in the reactions to this. Over there people are acting like the Muppets have one foot in the grave.

-Kim
Kim, I have to agree with you on feeling sad for the loss, but cautiously optimistic and hopeful for the future.

I also want to say something about the folks on this forum. I've been on several fan forums over the years for various television shows. I have to say that the MC folks are the BEST! I've been on other lists where the least bit of criticism can cause anarchy. People would attack as if you were about to murder their grandma if you expressed anything less than fanatical support. The folks on MC are intelligent enough to recognize that someone can be critical of one aspect of something and still be a "fan." No one takes disagreement personally and I have never seen any name calling.

Although many are disappointed about this turn of events, no one has said they will refuse to follow our Mups anymore. I like that. And in the worst case, if Disney completely ruins these characters, look at all that we already have on video of the glory days. We could talk about that for ages to come. There have been fears that Disney could shut down fan sites, but I hope that doesnt happen and that Muppet Central remains in one form or another for a long time to come. I for one will stick around!

Jen

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
the day the random penguin tossing ends is the day I throw in the collective muppet towel.
Me too! :zany:

Seriously, who is gonna get custody of the Muppet Penguins ? If i saw a Penguin wearing a pair of mouse ears i think i'd break down.

:zany:

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Sir Didymus said:
Okay, here is my question for all the smart people, (I'm not one of them!)

"What is going to happen to Fraggle Rock"?

Are we going to see anything of it? Does Henson plan on doing anything with it????

I just hope the Fraggle's dont die-off.

Didymus
Maybe this will give Henson the ability to release Fraggle Rock on DVD.

Jen

agger_rob

Reaction score
Let's all throw in and buy Fraggle Rock! I'm sure JHC would at least consider an offer... :smirk:

Jennifer12

Reaction score
agger_rob said:
Let's all throw in and buy Fraggle Rock! I'm sure JHC would at least consider an offer... :smirk:
ALL RIGHT! I have...$3.27, a candy wrapper, and a summons for jury duty.

Jen

Beebers

Reaction score
Jennifer12 said:
I also want to say something about the folks on this forum. I've been on several fan forums over the years for various television shows. I have to say that the MC folks are the BEST! I've been on other lists where the least bit of criticism can cause anarchy. People would attack as if you were about to murder their grandma if you expressed anything less than fanatical support. The folks on MC are intelligent enough to recognize that someone can be critical of one aspect of something and still be a "fan." No one takes disagreement personally and I have never seen any name calling.

Although many are disappointed about this turn of events, no one has said they will refuse to follow our Mups anymore. I like that. And in the worst case, if Disney completely ruins these characters, look at all that we already have on video of the glory days. We could talk about that for ages to come. There have been fears that Disney could shut down fan sites, but I hope that doesnt happen and that Muppet Central remains in one form or another for a long time to come. I for one will stick around!

Jen
Timely words, and thank you for saying them. We happened to have been in need of them at this particular moment.

:cool:

beaker

Reaction score
Maybe this means JHC will BE FORCED to really bring back Fraggle Rock in a new way?

Jennifer12 said:
I also want to say something about the folks on this forum. I've been on several fan forums over the years for various television shows. I have to say that the MC folks are the BEST! I've been on other lists where the least bit of criticism can cause anarchy.
Awww! thanks Jen! While our words, even mine might seem harsh...even zealously shocking and vehement towards Disney, I think it is because of the exact nature of this 'buyout'...however I think were all(or most) hoping this *finally* provides the backing they need to rise to the spotlight yet again.
I myself am heartbroken by how they are being split up, but I also know that theres gonna be some pants wetting good stuff to come. I want everyone on here to be happy...and I hope this yields good results.

Luke said:
Me too! :zany:

Seriously, who is gonna get custody of the Muppet Penguins ? If i saw a Penguin wearing a pair of mouse ears i think i'd break down.

:zany:
man, that just aint right.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I don't see how Disney could shut down this wonderful site, seeing as WE acknowledge the Muppets of Jim Henson, NOT the Muppets of Disney -- seeing as they will potentially re-create the Muppets into something that is not the Muppets as WE know them at all.

So there. Eisner, eat your heart out.