Henson sells Muppets to Disney

What do you think of Disney buying the Muppets and Bear?

• It's great! Disney can keep the Muppets alive and visible.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • It's awful! The Muppets will go downhill and quality will suffer.

Votes: 87 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
they stoled it!
they stoled it from us!
Our precious!
Stupid Fat Disneys,
THEY RUINS IT FOR US! :cry:

NO! Im going to cry now.... :cry: I used to love disney, dont get me wrong, but EVERY one knows that Disney is going DOWN and fast, there movies are not the same, the are so low on ideas that they are making sequis to movies over 20 years old, and even sequils to sequils. They dont care about the Jim Henson standard, like they said, it will be over marketed, puppeteering will again (especialy the muppets) will be looked down upon as stupid and preschoolish. Disney is just looking for any reason to stay alive, even if it means killing our Muppets. They are going down, and sadly, they are taking muppets with them in a handbasket... indeed, it is a dark day....

(rocks back and forth crying, gently singing...)Why are there so many, songs about Rainbows... :cry: And whats on the other side... :cry: some day well find it... the rainbow connection, the lovers the dreamers... and....... me.... :cry:

Whatever

Reaction score
CrazyHarry said:
Unless they destroy the Muppets soul and turn them into mindless marketting tools **coughElmocough**
Well, they can't buy the Sesame Street license, which may be a blessing.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
The pnly good thing Disney had going for them was Pixar, and even Pixar was smart enough to break away... They could see that Disney was poisen

beaker

Reaction score
crazy ernie said:
Who's ready for the second coming of Walt and Jim?
Maybe the next film can be "The Passion of the Jim Henson", detailing his struggles with the disney merger?

I can see this Disney buyout is going to deeply divide us all here.
I wonder how they are holding up over at ToughPriss.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
all in all, im behind the Jim Henson Company 110%, even if I dont agree, I will continure to love, collect, and learn about them. I loved Jim Henson, its still his company, his dream, our dream. I will still love all the puppeteers and all who work there, I will try to love everything that has the Jim Henson Logo on it, even if it is next to a Disney logo. Look on the bright side... Muppet Treasure Island was not bad at all, and it was under Disney at that time, in fact its one of my favs... (trying to put on a smile, and failing miserably... :frown: ) I mean, Pixar did not die, in fact its better than ever, so good it could break off... oh i give up... :cry: :cry: :cry: