Henson Performers Birthday Help!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
...... and we all know it'd be fun to see what Jamie could come up with for a Bill Baretta menu ! Muffins, Envelopes, Restraining Orders ! LOL ! :eek:
LOL!

Well I think Jackie and I should borrow any Bill menu before it is put in place. Just to make sure it's perfect...

:big_grin:

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
LOL!

Well I think Jackie and I should borrow any Bill menu before it is put in place. Just to make sure it's perfect...

I second that motion!

And just for the record...Emmy and I never scared Bill Barretta off the MC forum. We may have scared him off of the Bill Barretta Borrowers forum...but that's another story... :smile:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
I second that motion!

And just for the record...Emmy and I never scared Bill Barretta off the MC forum. We may have scared him off of the Bill Barretta Borrowers forum...but that's another story... :smile:
But he did post at the BBB!

That was awesome (and almost one year ago exactly)...

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
But he did post at the BBB!
Yeah and i'm kinda wondering if there is some link there with the whole puppeteers not wanting their birthdays known for 'security reasons' issue ! :rolleyes:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Yeah and i'm kinda wondering if there is some link there with the whole puppeteers not wanting their birthdays known for 'security reasons' issue ! :rolleyes:
LOL!

It's Bills loss. I mean if we knew his birthday we could send him a nice muffin basket or something...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The days aren't entirely random - they would mark something in Muppet History with that particular performer. Or, that is what I was thinking. And we know the months of some birthays, but no details on the day, so that kind of works.

In the end, over 1/4 of the menus will be celebrating something. I kind of like that. If not Muppet Central, then where? It's not like we're going to celebrate the second keygrip on Muppets From Space. Just some of the main people. We have an idea that Bill's birthday is in October, so we'll probably put up a celebration menu that month.

Luke

Reaction score
Ah i see - yeah the months would be cool to do. As long as it has some relevance. By the way, the key grip for Muppets From Space posts here occasionally ...... he'll be pretty bummed about that ! LOL !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
LOL! Um...I said the assistant to the key grip. Yeah, that's it. :big_grin:

Gonzo

Reaction score
There are parts to this forum I've never seen! Wow!

Uh...I know this was being discussed last month, but I have a question for Jamie, Phil, or another Powerful Person.

Hopefully you'll take it in the spirit I intend it.

Why....celebrate/commemorate the date that deceased performers passed on, instead of their birthdates? To me, it seems more morbid than "respectful." As some non-Muppety examples:

Martin Luther King Jr. Day is in January...not April 4th (the day he was assassinated). Same with Washington, Lincoln, Beethoven (for Schroeder's sake)...it seems that when they want to honor great (and not so great) people for their accomplishments, they commemorate the day of their birth. Their life. Not their death.

I'll never NEVER forget the day that Jim Henson passed away. But instead of mark that date each year, I'd rather celebrate his birthday and his life.

That's it...it was just something I was thinking about independent of any MC thoughts the other day, and I thought I'd bring it up here, since it's semi-related to this topic.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That structure was in place when I arrived and it took me a minute to adjust, but it really does make sense. It is rather strange to celebrate the birthday of someone who is no longer around to have a birthday if you think about it. Personally I think we should mark both days. Heck, there are 365 days in the year. Wouldn't really hurt to mark 2 days for these special people. It is a good point and I will definitely discuss it. I'd really be for both days.