Henson may make more Fraggles

Beauregard

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Get this: Fraggle Rock: The Moive!

How cool would that be. Maybe something could happen to the Rock, and it could start dying from the inside, and they have to get the Doozers and Gorgs to help them save it before teh Lighthouse fal through when the rock dissintergrates... (And, yes, in England they'd have to re-edit the film together with Lighthouse scenes. :wink: )
I am of course, joking. That would not be a v. good plot for the movie.

BEau

radio boy

Reaction score
It could be like the muppet show and muppets tonight

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Maybe the new show will have the original cast as grownups and it will be about their children.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
Maybe the new show will have the original cast as grownups and it will be about their children.
That actually is a neat idea. What would be funny is a bunch of role reversals, ie. Gobo's kid is a wimpy germ-killer, Mokey's kid is an overactive athlete, Boober's kid keeps wandering out into outer space, etc. Maybe the kids could all go to Travelin' Matt for wisdom and the original cast still visits the Trash Heap.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I don't think a new series would fly very well, but definately a tv special or tv movie would be great!

Gerry Parkes as Doc probably would do it, he still makes movies. But the thing is didn't it end with them moving away? (I've never seen the last episode, but from what others have said, that's what I can gather) I don't know if it would make sense for him to be in it.

On this thread, I love the idea of Travelling Matt as a young fraggle!! :excited: Also the idea of the youger fraggles going to travelling Matt for help and the older fraggles going to the trash heap, that someone mentioned, that's cute. But if they do do it, would it really work if they revived the 5 main fraggles? I think that should be left as it is, you know? But something with Matt would be great.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Not 100% on topic but how cool would a Fraggle Rock ride be?

Think log flume but in a big rock. :excited:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Gerry Parkes as Doc probably would do it, he still makes movies. But the thing is didn't it end with them moving away? (I've never seen the last episode, but from what others have said, that's what I can gather) I don't know if it would make sense for him to be in it.
This explains the final episode, its kinda long but its worth it!

Well, you are right about the fact the Doc did move away, but, k, the episode is that Doc wants Gobo to move to the Dessert with him, but Gobo can't leave Fraggle rock and all his friends, so he runs. He goes to the Trasheap and telles her that Doc wanted to have Gobo move with him. Philo says "Wait a minut, you are moving into outerspace?'' Gobo say "no, well that is, id love to, but, well now i'll never see Dac again" T.H. says "What is all this moving away business anyway? You go to him and say this, You Cannot Leave the Magic" So Gobo runs to the workshop to tell Doc. Doc has left Gobo a tape recorded message telling him hes sorry for frighting him away, but he needed to be with his friend Ned, like Gobo needed to be in Fraggle Rock with his friends. Gobo says "oh Doc, you werenet saposed to leave the magic." It show Doc and Sprocket moving into there new place, and there is a box against the wall and Doc says "remember when we moved into the old workshop? There was a box, just like that one, and when we lifted it, there was the Fraggle Hole" Sprocket makes Doc move the box, but there is no hole. It goes back to the Fraggles walking from outerspace Gobo says "thanks for comming with me" Red says "the silly creature might have left but we wouldn't" Wembley says "yeah we couldn't leave you" Gobo "Wait! Wembley said you couldnt leave me, what was it the Trasheap said I should say to the silly creatrure?" Boober "That he musnt leave" Gobo "no, not musn't, cannot" Mokey "yes, that you cannot leave the magic" Gobo "than she said we were magic, he can't leave us and we can't leave him, maybe im not to late after all" Wembley "Hey, I never saw that tunnle there before" They go threw a long tunnle with a Magic song playing. It shows Doc telling Sprocket "Maybe your magic, maybe im magic, maybe Ned and Fluffanella are magic, maybe the WHOLE world, and then Sprocket, if we wanted there to be a Fraggle Hole behind that card board box, well who knows" Than a dlong kind of music statrs and the box starts to move, Gobo pushes the box out of the way and comes out. They say hi very excitingly. Gobo "I have a measage for you, from the Trasheap" Doc "the Trasheap?" Gobo "well shes our oricle, knower of all our wisdome, she said I should tell you you Cannot Leave the magic" Doc "oh, thank you Gobo, as a matter of fact, Sprocket and I just decovered that" Than back to the tunnle were the other 4 Fraggles are and than shows the Trasheap say "you cannot leave the magic" 4 Fraggles sind "Dance your cares away, wories for another day, let the music play, Down at Fraggle Rock" the run into the workshop. Shows Dozzres and Storyteller and Large Marvin and Matt and some other Fraggles singing "dance you cares away, wories for........." Than to the Gorgs Garden, Jr. "DAnce yow caws away, ha ha ha" Ma. "Worries for another day" Pa. "Let the music play" Pa with hundreds of voices say "down at Fraggle Rock" Than to the workshow with an awsome shot of Doc, Sprocket and the 5 Fraggles singing "dance your cares away....." Doc "Down at Fraggle Rock" Sprocket "rowf"
Its a very touching episode!!! :excited:

Yorick

Reaction score
As for a Fraggle film:

I still feel the 1980's Fraggle Rock series is so perfect that it shouldn't be touched. Sure, they had the cartoon, and I liked that, but that was still around the same time. All this time later, it will never be the same. Even the 2011 Muppet film didn't feel like the original Muppet movie...now I know we can't expect that, but that's the whole point.

That said, if they insist on it, then I do hope Jerry Nelson and Gerry Parkes are involved. I hope all other surviving members of the crew are aboard too.

I'm sorry to hear about Jerry Nelson's health. I wish him all the best! He's amazingly talented (being a Muppeteer, all the voices he's done over the years, and then add to that how many different ways he can sing) and whenever I hear him in an interview, or in his music (his own songs on his own great album, or the music he's done as a Muppet) he sounds like one of the most kind people of all time. He moves me to tears as Gobo when he sings in the last episode of Fraggle Rock. I love many types of music, so I've heard many many songs (I don't want a medal, ha. I'm just trying to make a point) and that song he sings is not only one of the earliest I ever loved, but still one of the very, very best and powerful I've ever heard. The music, the words, and the way Jerry sings them just really come together in a truly amazing way that gets me every time. Others could sing it, but they wouldn't have that special element in Jerry's voice coming from the heart that really makes it mean so much. (That's not to ignore the very great talents of the songwriters, though!) And of course Jerry Juhl did an amazing job on the script, too. No question.

I know that's a bit off topic, but at least you can see why I have such strong feelings about Fraggle Rock...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering this is another really old (2005) thread that was just randomly dredged up...

Movie or no Movie, Henson SHOULD make more Fraggles anyway. If nothing else, a new Traveling Matt for viral videos. it's great that for some reason they keep sending Red and Karen over to Comic Con and Free Comic Book day and stuff like that... but imagine if they could send Dave and Boober there too?

Henson desperately wants to make the Fraggles their staple franchise. I mean, all this weird, random merchandise is popping up... shot glasses, knit beany hats, under 3 Taco Bell board books... but they don't have a project to back it up. Seems like they're still trying to prehype the characters so the movie still happens, but a couple knick knacks from Spencers isn't going to help much.

I still doubt the film will happen. Let's say it will... I'm sure they'd get Jerry in to loop dialogue. If something unfortunate were to happen by the time the movie does, I'm sure Matt would do an excellent job too. With the potential of the movie, there are too many ifs to discuss because... let's face it, we need a new script, and we don't even have one yet.

Still, why no Fraggle Viral videos? Muppets Studios did a fine job with Muppet virals, Sesame Workshop stepped up and made some Sesame Viral videos... Henson's even doing that puppet politician (who is OBVIOUSLY Paul Rugg) as viral videos. Why not make a new Matt and just have on the spot interviews with silly creatures? That'd be even more epic than a movie IMO.