Henson Exits Muppet House Post

FER SURE

Reaction score
Emmy

I'll take the Chiquita banana sticker. There is nothing quite like a foriegn lady with fruit upon her noggin! Plus I get to smell like bananas.:smile:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Re: Emmy

Originally posted by FER SURE
I'll take the Chiquita banana sticker. There is nothing quite like a foriegn lady with fruit upon her noggin! Plus I get to smell like bananas.:smile:
Okey dokey. You get the pretend banana sticker...

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Didn't Disney offer $300 million for JHC early last year? It justs seems surprising that EM.TV would let Henson go for that cheap.

Brian wants to produce and direct. For Henson and/or outside Henson? He better still perform. I know John Henson doesn't work for the company, but he still performs Sweetums. Could Brian work in that capacity?

I know this news is one day old, but I wanna know! Muppet Central needs to start to doing interviews again.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Let me see the strawberry one...PITOOIE! Why doesn't anyone ever make a scratch and taste sticker?

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry
Let me see the strawberry one...PITOOIE! Why doesn't anyone ever make a scratch and taste sticker?
Well, once you get your spit on 'em, they lose all of their stickiness...

Muppets1985

Reaction score
**Didn't Disney offer $300 million for JHC early last year? It justs seems surprising that EM.TV would let Henson go for that cheap.**

BoyRaisin2 , I waz just thinking the same thing today!!

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Confused???

Okay, let me get this straight. Brian Henson is stepping down but there a rumor that Rivkin, a current Henson employee will buy the company. My question is if Rivkin is indeed buying the company why leave? Isn't this what Brian wanted for The Jim Henson Company, a company buy back. This is too confusing :confused: . This is me making starting to think that Brian didn't like the idea of Rivkin buying Henson.

Second question, if all the Henson family members leave, why do a company buy back at all? In this case, a Disney buyout is looking better and beter everyday.

If EM.TV is selling The Henson Company for a lower price to Rivkin, why wouldn't they just talk with Michael Eisner for a lower price. He has a stated that he is indeed very interested but the price that they were questioning was too high and he was willing to bargin.

danielromens

Reaction score
If you read the news again, at no point does it say that Brain is leaving the company, he's just stepping down as CEO. This is so he can put his energy into the more creative side of things and let those who know business do business. He's staying on as a producer on Farscape and is developing work for Henson pictures. He is in no way leaving the company. I wouldn't want to handle the business side either. Why waste a creative mind on paper work.

Luke

Reaction score
<He's staying on as a producer on Farscape and is developing work for Henson pictures.>

Yeah Daniel - but if you read in between the lines, he is going from 100% work at the Henson Company to around 5%. 'Developing' means somewhere between pitching and pre-production - not exactly duties of heavy proportions, especially as Henson Pictures don't have any movie deals. So we are left with him Exec Producing Farscape (which he was already doing) and the Muppet Xmas TV Movie. Exec producers sit around all day doing nothing most of the time.

This is basically a nice way of Brian leaving without too much fuss and at a time that leaves him with his dignity intact - yes, he can still have a hand in the machine with a couple of projects, but things will likely quiet down even more once the sale happens.