Henson Alternative Puppet Show Coming To NBC

Drtooth

Reaction score
You're serious?

Look at the facts. Disney was able to get a Muppet Movie out. JHC has been pushing for DC 2 for almost 10 years before it just gave up, and We're still waiting for that Fraggle Rock movie.

Passion? You saw Muppets From Space, right? Half of everyone that worked on it was annoyed by it and there was a general malaise through the whole thing. It's a bit of Sony's fault, sure. It took the Muppets 12 years and a company buy out to be theatrical again.

JHC without Jim lacked leadership and vision. They managed to do okay (with Disney's Help) up to 1996, until ABC just dumped Muppets Tonight from their schedule. Sure, VMX was a ratings smash. That was the only thing they had that was a hit. Though I do blame Disney for MWOZ being rushed, but it was done under Henson with production by Fox (no wonder why it was essentially a commercial for American Idol).

And then Disney made The Muppets. The movie that put them back on the map. Such passion was flowing from the new writers and director. Something that was sadly missing in some of their later works.

But above all... Disney got more done than JHC. Sure, we lost a Halloween special, a reality TV spoof we wouldn't have liked, a mockumentary that sounded kinda good, and an election special that would have been rushed, dated, and not funny. But we got a Christmas special, most of the show on DVD, an actual movie that did well enough for a follow up. Now what has JHC done? 2 CGI PBS shows (one has Henson solely as a producer) and sometimes Puppet Up.

So... where the heck is this new puppet sitcom?

WillyThePig

Reaction score
You're serious?

Look at the facts. Disney was able to get a Muppet Movie out. JHC has been pushing for DC 2 for almost 10 years before it just gave up, and We're still waiting for that Fraggle Rock movie.

Passion? You saw Muppets From Space, right? Half of everyone that worked on it was annoyed by it and there was a general malaise through the whole thing. It's a bit of Sony's fault, sure. It took the Muppets 12 years and a company buy out to be theatrical again.

JHC without Jim lacked leadership and vision. They managed to do okay (with Disney's Help) up to 1996, until ABC just dumped Muppets Tonight from their schedule. Sure, VMX was a ratings smash. That was the only thing they had that was a hit. Though I do blame Disney for MWOZ being rushed, but it was done under Henson with production by Fox (no wonder why it was essentially a commercial for American Idol).

And then Disney made The Muppets. The movie that put them back on the map. Such passion was flowing from the new writers and director. Something that was sadly missing in some of their later works.

But above all... Disney got more done than JHC. Sure, we lost a Halloween special, a reality TV spoof we wouldn't have liked, a mockumentary that sounded kinda good, and an election special that would have been rushed, dated, and not funny. But we got a Christmas special, most of the show on DVD, an actual movie that did well enough for a follow up. Now what has JHC done? 2 CGI PBS shows (one has Henson solely as a producer) and sometimes Puppet Up.

So... where the heck is this new puppet sitcom?
No...you don't understand what I mean. The muppets pre Disney, had a feeling to them that they took good time and pride in their work with Disney it seems too much like they think if they put more money into it they will get a better response. I used to like diney but I've noticed recently that everything they've been producing is either a really dumb ( and I mean dumb) sitcom or some movie that they pretty much just financed and put their name on it. It isn't that I don't like muppets so don't think I don't. I just think that they were better before disney. But it's partially Henson company's fault too. For example Kermit the frog was a character Jim created out of his mothers green coat for Sam and Friends. Then he was on classic sesame street. Then he was part of the muppets (owned by the Jim Henson company), Jim died 14 years later they just sold off Jim's most famous creation and can't even use him without getting permission from Disney. And The Muppets(2011)...I feel like kids who are just being introduced to the muppets arent getting an authentic view of them, I know times have changed but still. So please don't be mad at me and I totally agree with you about the sitcom by the way