Help with "research"

Java

Reaction score
Okay, I'm trying to get things right for my reunion special in Breaking Back In and have managed to come up with questions during my quiet down time periods at work when my babies were behaving themselves and not trying to get sick.

Here goes:

Have Statler and Waldorf ever done a skit or song? Anything other than their heckling or trying to woo guest stars?

What songs has Johnny Fiama done? Is it really just My Way as everyone seems to joke in their fan-fics?

Did the Country Trio (I know them from doing the song To Morrow) every do anything else or did they ever do anything with one of the jugbands?

Did Hilda ever do anything besides the backstage costume work?

Did Beauregard ever do anything besides janitor work?

Ummm... I think that's all for now. If not I'll appear here pleading for help agian.

Night all, see you tomorrow night!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Statler & Waldorf ran the Hal Minden (or whatever his name is) episode of "The Muppet Show." They also sang "Ten Terrific Girls" in another episode. In Muppets Go To WDW they sang a song.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
The Country Trio also appeared in some variety show appearances such as "The Perry Como Winter Show." They also sang "You Dont Want My Love" on the first season of TMS.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Java...

To expound on what Barry mentioned.

On TMS strictly, as I believe that's what you're asking... Statler and Waldorf organized the opening Burlesque number "Ten Terrific Girls". They also got into costumes and performed the song "Varsity Rag" in the Steve Martin episode, which was the inspiration for the Vaudeville Statler and Waldorf a2-pack action figures.

Johnny Fiama has performed a few songs, though I don't think he's sung "My Way".
He sang "Pretty Bunsen" a parody of "Pretty Woman" in the Andie Macdowell MT episode.
We only got the opening verse of "Mac the Knife" in the Sandra Bullock and "That's Amore" in the Mother's Day episodes (the latter is the one with Darryl and Page Hannah, and Johnny Mathis).
There's the sketch in the John Goodman episode where he tries to sell an album, he misses his cue for "New York, New York" and gets stepped on by Sal during "Hooked On A Feeling".
He also sang "Shake the Blues Away" with Tony Bennett.

As for Hilda and Beauregard... Bo's gotten a few songs and appearances on stage, though you'd have to check with someone else. Hilda did go on stage to introduce the horror movie sketch on 1981's The Muppets Go To The Movies, and maybe some other horror sketch like that in either the Peter Sellers or Vincent Price episodes.

Hope this helps.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Let's see what I can do...
S & W, Varcity Drag
It Was a Very Good Year
Ten Terrific Girls, But Only Nine Costumes
hoasted one show, but I can't remember which for sure

Beauregard, Dances On My Ceiling
There's Always One Step Further Down You Can Go, (dressing room with Buddy Rich?)
in a few onsombles
Hope this helps. Good luck!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Kate... Just went over to Kermitage to check.
The Hal Lindon episode is the one run by Statler and Waldorf, with Kermit and Fozzie heckling from the balcony.
The song "There's Always One Step Lower You Can Go" was indeed performed by Beauregard in the Buddy Rich episode.
Oh, and I'd also recommend the Danny Kaye episode, where Statler and Waldorf leave in protest thinking the guest was Manny Kaye who is the world's worst performer in their old heckler opinion.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Beaureagrd also appeared onstage in the William Tell Oveture (sp?).

Sam: I didn't know you were musical?
Beau: I'm not.
Sam: You'll have a lot in commen with the rest of the band.

And Beauregard got an arrow through an apple on his head.

He also appeared in the Do Ri Me sketch. "Me and my shaaadow."

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Beau also play the harmonica in "Sam's Song."

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sam: I don't have a song!

- I really want to see that sketch...I wonder if it's on the net anywhere.