Help with Pricing for Miss Piggy's Glove

LewsFish

Reaction score
I found a purple satin glove signed "Kissy, Kissy, Miss Piggy" at a thrift store. It's framed and in good condition. There's no COA, but I can't imagine it'd be anything but genuine. I've scoured the internet, but haven't found anything similar except for one glove that was on here about 14 years ago.

Does anyone know about this sort of thing? How do I figure out its value?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I found a purple satin glove signed "Kissy, Kissy, Miss Piggy" at a thrift store. It's framed and in good condition. There's no COA, but I can't imagine it'd be anything but genuine. I've scoured the internet, but haven't found anything similar except for one glove that was on here about 14 years ago.

Does anyone know about this sort of thing? How do I figure out its value?
Sorry to say, that although it comes from Henson's, Miss Piggy never wore it and I doubt Frank Oz signed it. They purposely made the gloves to be handed out.

LewsFish

Reaction score
Thanks, muppetperson! Can you tell me more about the gloves (when and why they were handed out) or point me to a reliable resource?

Muppetlab

Reaction score
These gloves are great. Even if not worn by piggy herself or signed by frank, they are still a great peice to own.

What i know is that henson produced a bunch of these to give away at charity auctions during the early 80's.

If it was production used, the tell tale signs would be a HA! Tag inside it, and a hole in the wrist where the arm rod would have been attached :smile:

I have a glove also. Its unsigned, but has the tag/hole and is dirty in the places that would indicate being worn.
I have a nice signed photo i want to frame it with :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks, muppetperson! Can you tell me more about the gloves (when and why they were handed out) or point me to a reliable resource?
As Muppetlab says. The one I have was sent to an Australian local council in 1984 as an auction item for a TV Station anniversary gala auction.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. In the world of collectibles, pricing is VERY subjective. It always comes down to, how much you're willing to let it go for and how much people are willing to spend on it.

In this case, although, I think it's a great piece, I don't think it's super rare and sought after, so I don't think there is a lot of money to get out of it. But I could be wrong.