Help with Elmo

joesje

Reaction score
Hello all,i want to make an Elmo,but i don't know how to start and which pattern i must use to doing the job.
Is someone famillair with this puppet?I hope you people can help with this replica.

Thanks all:flirt:

downunderbatman

Reaction score
Hi, if you use the search function of the forum and type in Elmo you will see lots of topics. Project puppet's mostro pattern makes a reasonable Elmo. I used that one and it worked well and was relatively easy. I used that pattern for my elmo and I know others have also. Some people just make them up from scratch or alter the existing patterns.

Hope that helps,

Good luck, Greg

Muppetlab

Reaction score
The melonhead pattern will also make a passable elmo :smile:

joesje

Reaction score
Does someone know who made this Elmo?
Because this is the one i would make,was this the melonhead or mostro i think the second.

Animal31

Reaction score
HaHa. wow, blast from the past! I actually made this one when I first started building, many years ago, since then it has had 2 homes. The head was a modified version of the melonhead pattern, the body and arms were something I made myself. It has since changed at least 5 times...

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Yea mine is a melonhead pattern to.. With a slight mod to the mouthplate :smile:

ivanjams

Reaction score
How about the fur? My local Joanns doesnt have a good fur selection. I looked at a fur thread here but most of the links were dead. Not looking for red, just good long soft fur.

Animal31

Reaction score
You would have to order online for furs, Joanns is a bust for that sort of thing. Mendels, Fabric Empire, Distinctive Fabric are all good sources for furs...