Help - MV3D detailed questions

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hey gang! Goin' back down to WDW in September and can't wait! Anyway, I'm a huge WDW fanatic and know a LOT about the parks and MV3D is no exception. However, I'd really like to do a really good in-depth report about the attraction when I come back, better then last year, but I've come across some new info I've never read before and I just wanted to see if anyone could help.

So first off, can anyone confirm or deny any of these to save me any time?
• Muppet Vision 3-D is the only 3-D attraction at Walt Disney World that the 3-D glasses are actually called 3-D glasses. At "It's Tough To Be A Bug" they are called Bug Eyes, at "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience", they are called safety goggles.
• You'll see a long brick wall to your right as you approach the ride from Star Tours. Along the top of the wall are planters with flowers and such in them. If you follow them along to the very end, the last one has an ice cream sundae in it instead of the flowers.
• The first door on the right as you enter the turnstiles is the security office. It has a sign hanging, saying "Be back in 5 minutes, Key is under the mat". If you stop and lift up the mat, there is a real key underneath imbedded into the carpet. Reports from June 2002 however, claim the key is no longer there.
• During the lobby video (pre-show), as Scooter crosses one of the screens, there is a hidden Kermit in one of the test patterns.
• The sheet music in front of the penguins in the orchestra pit is the music to "The Rainbow Connection".
• When Kermit says there will be a little show from Miss Piggy, she pops out of her dressing room and says, "Little?" To the right of her is a fire pull station. If you look carefully, it is pulled.
• When you exit, to your left you can see the fire truck that crashes through the wall at the end of the show.

And also, in Star Tours, along with the Hidden Kermit as listed in Steven Barrett's "Hidden Mickey book, I read a claim:
• When you are in line, there is a section where there is a singing robot working on another robot. If you look down at the floor under these robots there is a metal box that has "3D Muppets" written on it.

Next, I was curious, were any of these small doors ever intended to serve a purpose? (open up and show Muppets, etc.) Or can they even open?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Again, I am useless. >< But I have a question, I can't find Kermit in that picture you posted? Is he supposed to be that gold metal thing because it doesn't look like Kermit at all...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Honestly Dave, I did not see ANY of that while I was there in November. But then again, I wasn't actually looking. They all sound totally neat though!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Alright here's a stab:

• Muppet Vision 3-D is the only 3-D attraction at Walt Disney World that the 3-D glasses are actually called 3-D glasses. At "It's Tough To Be A Bug" they are called Bug Eyes, at "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience", they are called safety goggles.
Uhh I Bunsen and Beaker introduce the glasses, but I don't remember the exact name given. I don't remember them being called flat out 3-D glasses...I think they are also lab goggles because of the whole 'muppet labs' thing
• You'll see a long brick wall to your right as you approach the ride from Star Tours. Along the top of the wall are planters with flowers and such in them. If you follow them along to the very end, the last one has an ice cream sundae in it instead of the flowers.
I don't remember this, but my brother says he does
• The first door on the right as you enter the turnstiles is the security office. It has a sign hanging, saying "Be back in 5 minutes, Key is under the mat". If you stop and lift up the mat, there is a real key underneath imbedded into the carpet. Reports from June 2002 however, claim the key is no longer there.
A new key was put there at some point but I heard it may be missing again.....
• During the lobby video (pre-show), as Scooter crosses one of the screens, there is a hidden Kermit in one of the test patterns.
No clue
• The sheet music in front of the penguins in the orchestra pit is the music to "The Rainbow Connection".
No clue, but it really wouldn't surprise me. It's not a huge thing
• When Kermit says there will be a little show from Miss Piggy, she pops out of her dressing room and says, "Little?" To the right of her is a fire pull station. If you look carefully, it is pulled.
no clue again
• When you exit, to your left you can see the fire truck that crashes through the wall at the end of the show.
This sorta rings a bell but I'm not promising....

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Again, I am useless. >< But I have a question, I can't find Kermit in that picture you posted? Is he supposed to be that gold metal thing because it doesn't look like Kermit at all...
Well, it's not a very good likeness at all, but it is an official listing. I made a highligfhted version, but Photobucket seems to be very tempramental for me at the moment, so I'll try and upload it tomorrow.

Honestly Dave, I did not see ANY of that while I was there in November. But then again, I wasn't actually looking. They all sound totally neat though!
I know! I've never heard of any of them and am hoping they actually exist!

Alright here's a stab:
This sorta rings a bell but I'm not promising....
This is the one I'm most interested in.

KermiClown

Reaction score
Hi Dave!

I bopped over to Disney/MGM today (it's nice living in Orlando and being ever to "bop" over to Disney any time I'd like). I have the answer to some of your questions but not all of them:

The host at the attraction tells the guests to put on their "3D glasses." None of the Muppets in the film actually make reference to the glasses.

Yep, there is indeed an ice cream sundae in the last planter!

There is, indeed, a key there.

This is true. There is a test pattern with an image of Kermit behind it. It's not particularly "hidden"... pretty easy to pick out if you see the whole pre-show. It's close to the beginning.

Don't know about these two.

I recall the fire truck being there in the past. It is no longer there.

As for the doors on the outside of the theatre, they have never been used for anything. I suspect that they are just a facade, although I don't know for sure. I did hear rumors at one point of Muppet animatronics being put in and appearing from windows. Don't know if these were the windows being referred to.

Hope these answers help a bit.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Thanks, David! That's cool you can hop over any time, maybe I'll bump into you this fall!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You two should definitely hang out at Walt Disney World one day!!

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Hey gang! Goin' back down to WDW in September and can't wait! Anyway, I'm a huge WDW fanatic and know a LOT about the parks and MV3D is no exception. However, I'd really like to do a really good in-depth report about the attraction when I come back, better then last year, but I've come across some new info I've never read before and I just wanted to see if anyone could help.

So first off, can anyone confirm or deny any of these to save me any time?

And also, in Star Tours, along with the Hidden Kermit as listed in Steven Barrett's "Hidden Mickey book, I read a claim:
• When you are in line, there is a section where there is a singing robot working on another robot. If you look down at the floor under these robots there is a metal box that has "3D Muppets" written on it.

Next, I was curious, were any of these small doors ever intended to serve a purpose? (open up and show Muppets, etc.) Or can they even open?

I actually work at Muppetvision/Star Tours in Walt Disney World, so let me take them one by one.

TRUE. "It's one of those 3D movies, put on your glasses, statler!"

TRUE. There are 2 ice cream ones, one with ice cream in it, one with the remains of ice cream.

TRUE (and still TRUE). The key is still there, it is removed occasionally when the carpet is replaced, as it was in 2002.

TRUE.

Hmm... I'll have to look but I've not heard that before. While it's a detail I wouldn't doubt is there, you can't get that close to the penguins to see the sheet music. (But I can)

Also not sure here. I'll have to look at that one too.

FALSE, but used to be TRUE. The truck was to the left of the exit ramp, but too many kids would climb on it, fall down and get hurt. So away it went (although we still have it backstage).

Also the windows were not designed to do anything - there's nothing but brick behind them.

Jeremy

KermiClown

Reaction score
Hey Dave! You'll definitely have to get in touch with me when you are here this Fall. I'd love to meet up and meet in person!