HEH! Work It's been Canceled!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently, THE OFFICE is getting rebooted already, even though it wasn't that many years ago it finally ended. What's the deal? Can't the mockumentary format just die already?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Wait. What? No! WHY?

EDIT: Oh, I see, it's not a reboot it's a REVIVAL. Big difference. You scared me there for a second. I mean I don't want them to bring the show back. It had a good long run and it just ended like four years ago, but i'm at least glad it's a continuation and not rehashing the same plots as before but with different actors. Still though, this revival/reboot craze is really getting on my nerves. There are reasons that these shows ended. Many of them have classic and satisfying endings. Why run them into the ground? Heck, some of these shows ended because they had already gone on too long. Why can't we reboot/ revive ideas that actually still have potential. Or better yet, come up with new ideas! Oh wait, the general concensus is that we're in a golden age of TV, so there's already an abundance of hundreds of new and original shows we could be watching. But no, we're getting all these stinkin' lousy restarts and do overs because Rodney really misses Ed Edd N' Eddy and it never crossed his mind that he can go to the store and buy a f***in' DVD.

:mad:

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
HA! I'm sure FOX is kicking themselves right about now. Brooklyn Nine Nine had a devoted fan base, steady viewership (consistent yet small numbers on FOX, but even bigger numbers on streaming), popular actors. I mean, the outcry was so huge that NBC picked it up almost immediately. And then FOX goes and revives Last Man Standing! Of all shows. Seriously, at this point the only thing FOX has going for it is Bob's Burgers, and now they're going to have to milk it for all it's worth.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The ABC sitcoms I pay attention to, Fresh Off the Boat, Black-ish, and Speechless will also be renewed for more seasons (The Goldbergs was renewed for two last year).

I feel like the 5th season will be the last for FotB, as the '90s are going to have to end eventually. We could see a finale about the Y2K Bug and all the hysteria surrounding it.