Have you seen the cartoon...

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
Hve any of you out there seen that horrific cartoon featuring the whole Sesame Street cast sitting around a table and Bid Bird is this the middle with an apple in his mouth?
It's aweful!
Personally I find myself more of a muppet fan, but it was still offensive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, no! But it can't be any worse than that Bert is evil junk! OH, look at me! I'm so funny! I think I'm Tom Green. Shock humor is soooo funny! BLLLECK!!! Why don'y these people harass someone who diserves it, like Barney or the Teletubbies?

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
Heck yeah! I completley agree! THEY'RE the ones who actually scar children for life, not poor old Sesame Street characters!
More power to you!:cool:

PopoverFroggy

Reaction score
Bert Is Evil

Have to disagree with you guys about the Bert Is Evil stuff.
I find it hilarious and of course I love Sesame Street and all the Muppets.

Humor is always relative though. I like Bert is Evil because it pokes fun at the "innocence" we assume Sesame Street has,
in a less crude way than "Greg The Bunny" does about kid shows.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Muppet Parodies

I think the Muppets are fare game for parody, they have done many themselves. I take such things as you guys have described with a sense of humor. I must admit that the "Muppets Go Medeval" spoof on The Simpsons used to bug me, but that was only because it portrayed the characters as cheap and attached to B-level actors. It really doesn't bug me anymore because it is evendent that they were paying homage to the Muppets and have continued to do so. Remember folks, it's all in fun.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I personally think it's funny, but with the warning that it SHOULDN'T be shown to young children...a lot of the parodies out there are either very violent or have enough adult content that it could seriously frighten and/or disturb young pups. So that's the warning. Other than that, if every one's adult, it can be pretty funny stuff.

I myself once illustrated a little book for a girl in one of my university classes about Bert killing Kermit with a Saturday Night Special he purchased from Lady Elaine Fairchild in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe...it wasn't graphic, but it was pretty darn funny. Bert with his head shaved, as a prisoner, is one of my all time favorite drawrings.

And yes, I said DRAWRINGS.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

Drtooth

Reaction score
But I think that the reason he put Bert with all those bad guys was because he's one of those that does shock humor, manily 'cuz he's not funny at all. But I got to say something about the Muppet Parody game:
Mad Magazine has several Parodys of Sesame, both are hilarious. One parody (circa 1970, featuring a characture of Matt Robinson as GOrdon) is called Reality Street! This mocks the fact that Sesame practically takes place in an unrealistic world (Unrealistic, of course, if you compaire it to a cinical miserable view of the world!) Some scenes include:
Gordon teaching the Number 5 (five countrye, five atomic bombs, five easy pieces[the world being blown up]) Big Bird counting Tax money (war defense keeps growing, Education keeps shrinking), and Ernie and Bert discussing parties (If the invite says the party starts at 8, you should start getting ready at 9!) Oscar moving out of his can (just jumps into the street, cuz there's more trash there) and (at the conclusion) the street is torn down by constuction workers who are going to go on strike before they put it back to gether!
Also, a 1996 one called "WWhen Sesame caves in to the Right wing" COunt counts obscene books (one is Winnie the Pooh), Big Bird is forced (at gun point by a republican NRA governer) to put on pants, and Rosita is kicked off the show for being a minority! Now these parodys don't parody the shows themselves, they just parody the world around us. Cracked tried doing the same thing, but failed miserably, causing unfunny articles that don't help the fact that Cracked Magaxine is Mad's unfunny shadow of a cousin.