Harvey Korman irony

Tim

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
Wow, this is some interesting information! Any other neat tidbits to tell us??...I love reading the storys you tell us!
You would have to thank Eren for that story. She was so neat to hang around with, or even just talk to on the phone (I called her a lot with questions and problems I was having with people and productions). I only got to actually move foam with her one time, but don't think I didn't ask for more " Hollywood dirt". She was the Screen Actor's Gulid Puppeteer's Caucus Founder and President, and between working and contract negotiations, she knew literally everyone in the business. Unfortunately, most of the stories I know are not Muppet related-or suitable for a "family forum". (But they were great!)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Did you interract with her on the set of The Muppet Movie? Do you happen to know if she performed Janice in any scenes in that movie? I know she didn't perform janice in the finale, since Was Once Ernie said that Richard Hunt performed Statler and Janice in that scene, but did she perform Janice in any other scenes featuring Janice and Scooter? There were quite a few scenes with the two characters together, and in many of those scenes it's obvious that they are being performed by different performers rather than the same performer with one on each hand.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do you happen to know how Eren Ozker got her job with the muppets, or even if she had ever considered performing in more Henson productions? I have a feeling that she might have just been hired for The Muppet Show so that there would be a female performer. After all, I believe that Fran Brill chose not to be a regular performer on The Muppet Show, and she was Henson's main female performer at the time. I don't believe that Eren Ozker performed in any Henson productions before The Muppet Show.

I know that she left The Muppet Show because she wanted to start a family in America, and not spend half the year in England working on The Muppet Show. I had often wondered if she had considered performing in any american henson productions like Sesame Street, but then it occurred to me that she might not have wanted to move around from state to state. I don't know if she lived in any areas where any Henson shows were filmed. If she lived in New York City then she could have performed on Sesame Street. Every other henson series that I cna think of that was made in the 1980s were made in other countries (Fraggle Rock and The Jim Henson Hour were made in Canada, The Storyteller, Mother Goose Stories and The Ghost of Faffner Hall were made in Engand, and I don't know where Muppet Babies, Little Muppet Monsters, Jim Henson Presents the World of Puppetry or The Animated Fraggle Rock were produced).

Frogster

Reaction score
I wonder how many other guests felt the same way?

Tim

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Do you happen to know how Eren Ozker got her job with the muppets, or even if she had ever considered performing in more Henson productions?... I don't believe that Eren Ozker performed in any Henson productions before The Muppet Show....Did you interract with her on the set of The Muppet Movie? Do you happen to know if she performed Janice in any scenes in that movie? I know she didn't perform janice in the finale, since Was Once Ernie said that Richard Hunt performed Statler and Janice in that scene, but did she perform Janice in any other scenes featuring Janice and Scooter? There were quite a few scenes with the two characters together, and in many of those scenes it's obvious that they are being performed by different performers rather than the same performer with one on each hand.
I'm still trying to find out all I can about Eren Ozker. She was incredibly fastenating, and real inspiration for me. This is what I know. I didn't meet her on "Muppet Movie", and I don't know how she came to Muppets exactly, but I'm sure it was through an audition to replace Fran Brill. (Interesting side note: Jim must have been seeking female talen then, because I did meet a beautiful young lady on her first-ever pupperty job for anyone. Her name was Kathy Mullen!)

Eren was an actress off-Broadway in New York. She had done puppet theatre for inner-city kids through government sposored programs, but I think Henson was her first real big-time opportunity. After first season of "The Muppet Show", she continued to work with them on and off, and free-lanced with other companies, which is how I got to meet her. I know she worked "Emmit Otter" and I think "Muppet Family Christmas" and probably helped out other times as well. As for "Muppet Movie", it was such a crazy shoot, it's posible Eren could have "held up" Janice, but at the time another puppeteer named Michael Earl was suposedly chosen by Frank Oz to mimic his and other's movements anytime their characters didn't need to speak.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Tim said:
I'm still trying to find out all I can about Eren Ozker. She was incredibly fastenating, and real inspiration for me. This is what I know. I didn't meet her on "Muppet Movie", and I don't know how she came to Muppets exactly, but I'm sure it was through an audition to replace Fran Brill. (Interesting side note: Jim must have been seeking female talen then, because I did meet a beautiful young lady on her first-ever pupperty job for anyone. Her name was Kathy Mullen!)
Do you have contacts with people who know about Eren Ozker?

Also, I already knew that The Muppet Movie was kathy Mullens first job with the Muppets. There was a website that showed scans from every page of every issue of The Muppet Show Fan Club Newsletter, and one issue had a biography on Kathy Mullen, which mentioned that. She performed on The Muppet Show during the last two seasons. Her only regular character was Gaffer, a cat who was normally just seen sitting in the background in backstage scenes.

Tim said:
Eren was an actress off-Broadway in New York. She had done puppet theatre for inner-city kids through government sposored programs, but I think Henson was her first real big-time opportunity. After first season of "The Muppet Show", she continued to work with them on and off, and free-lanced with other companies, which is how I got to meet her. I know she worked "Emmit Otter" and I think "Muppet Family Christmas" and probably helped out other times as well. As for "Muppet Movie", it was such a crazy shoot, it's posible Eren could have "held up" Janice, but at the time another puppeteer named Michael Earl was suposedly chosen by Frank Oz to mimic his and other's movements anytime their characters didn't need to speak.
If she was in A Muppet Family Christmas, then she was uncredited. Of course, I know of a few other performers (Terry Angus, Rick Lyon) who weren't credited for performing in that special. I beleive that David Rudman was the onyl credited performer in that special who did not perform any voices.

By Michael Earl I am assuming that You are talking about Michael Earl Davis. He also performed Mr. Snuffleupagus oin Sesame Street for a brief time, between when Jerry Nelson stopped performing him and when Martin Robinson took over. Of course, I have also read an interview with Steve Whitmire where he said that he often performed Fozzie in many of the scenes with both Miss Piggy and Fozzie.

D

Dil

Just Imagine:

SCOOTER: "Harvey Korman?"

HARVEY: "Sigh, what?"

SCOOTER: "You can't be so grouchy like this."

HARVEY: "Oh yeah, if there's an audience of me, they would boo forever."

SCOOTER: "OK, there's something I want to ask you... You must like the show or else... you'll....... die."

HARVEY: (as the camera goes high into outer space) "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol

Boy Dil sure got lots and lots of laughs out of me didn't he?:wink: :big_grin:

Tim

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Do you have contacts with people who know about Eren Ozker?

Also, I already knew that The Muppet Movie was kathy Mullens first job with the Muppets. There was a website that showed scans from every page of every issue of The Muppet Show Fan Club Newsletter, and one issue had a biography on Kathy Mullen, which mentioned that. She performed on The Muppet Show during the last two seasons. Her only regular character was Gaffer, a cat who was normally just seen sitting in the background in backstage scenes.

If she was in A Muppet Family Christmas, then she was uncredited. Of course, I know of a few other performers (Terry Angus, Rick Lyon) who weren't credited for performing in that special. I beleive that David Rudman was the onyl credited performer in that special who did not perform any voices.

By Michael Earl I am assuming that You are talking about Michael Earl Davis. He also performed Mr. Snuffleupagus oin Sesame Street for a brief time, between when Jerry Nelson stopped performing him and when Martin Robinson took over. Of course, I have also read an interview with Steve Whitmire where he said that he often performed Fozzie in many of the scenes with both Miss Piggy and Fozzie.
As for Eren, I spoke briefly with her husband many years ago, and know people who knew her, like Cheryl Blaylock. I would like to know more about her early days and her stage experience. I would LOVE to find more photos, particularly production shots of her working, but so far, nothing. I know they had a lot of bodies on the "Christmas" show (like the 30th Anniversary show) that got no credit. I think I read she worked that somewhere..

I knew about Kathy from many sources, and I have the entire set of "Fan Club" Newsletters, and I remembered that from there as well.

As for Michael, I can offer some "super trivia" that, when I mentioned this to him he said "wow! Nobody knows that!". he did the first version of "Forgetful Jones" before Richard took it over. No one liked what he did, and even Richard's version didn't "click" with the kids.