Harvey Beaks: New Nick series

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was fun seeing the kids building a castle out of junk only for Princess to tear it down every time. I also loved how King Fee grew bored of her position of power after getting rid of her as it was more fun commanding an army to fight her off.

Also great to see a Dade-centric episode focusing on the jealousy over his little brother Wade, all stemming from Harvey off-handedly calling him "cool" and making Dade fear that he's stealing his friend.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know why, but ever since the episode where he and Harvey were fighting over if the cloud looked like a scary face or a horse's head, Kratz has become one of my favorite characters, if not favorite outright. And the kid's voice changing only makes him funnier.

Good to see the latest episode had that giant cat/gerbil girl talking. They really managed to get every character they could into that one. Even Cool Bug.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really liked the episode where Harvey was so broken up (no pun intended) over accidentally breaking a plate he made for his parents that he didn't get punished over (since he's such a good kid and all) that he punishes himself anyway just to avoid feeling guilty. Also, it's real sad that Claire the fox girl seems to be the unfavorite in the family a la Helga Pataki, and the writers really hammered it in with the punishment she was given by her parents. I'd really like to see her character explored by the next season.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Also, it's real sad that Claire the fox girl seems to be the unfavorite in the family a la Helga Pataki, and the writers really hammered it in with the punishment she was given by her parents. I'd really like to see her character explored by the next season.
Well Piri piri (the bird girl) got her own episode, so maybe Claire will get one too. This season has clearly mostly been about establishing Harvey's relationships with his family and Fee and Foo, so hopefully the next season will focus more on developing the recurring characters.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The second season has premiered, and
Harvey's baby sister, Michelle, has finally hatched. And they're strongly hinting that she's an evil parasite, something that Dade has been warning Harvey about with his siblings.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The large, Totoro-esque Cat/squirrel/hamster girl finally gets her own episode and a name, Kathy with a K. And I'm not the only one who thinks she's Totoro-esque, as the animators give her a very Ghibli looking face a couple times in the episode.

And of course, being Harvey beaks, we get a delightfully sweet episode about why she hasn't been seen in the show outside of the background or talked until the last episode of season 1. She's just not noticed. And once she is, she's noticed for the wrong things. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of her in future episodes.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I also liked how Kris & Trev felt really bad about making Kathy into a corporate whore, and made it up for her in the end by focusing on her love of leaves. Would have been easy for them to just be a couple of jerks only in it for fame, but that's not what this show does.

Also, we get a new title sequence incorporating Michele and her evil scowl. So, that's cool, too. :smile:

And of course, being Harvey beaks, we get a delightfully sweet episode about why she hasn't been seen in the show outside of the background or talked until the last episode of season 1. She's just not noticed. And once she is, she's noticed for the wrong things. Hopefully we'll see a lot more of her in future episodes.
Mikey the frog is another character who just showed up in a few later episodes of season 1. I'd really like to see him get an episode, too.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
The large, Totoro-esque Cat/squirrel/hamster girl finally gets her own episode and a name, Kathy with a K. And I'm not the only one who thinks she's Totoro-esque, as the animators give her a very Ghibli looking face a couple times in the episode.

Kathy talked in the Anti Valentine's Day episode if I'm not mistaken.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Anyone see the episode where Irving tries to get his emotionally-distant father (first appearing in the season 2 premiere) to open up with the help of Harvey?
It happened to work with the help of a blindfold, making him feel like no one else is there so he can feel comfortable sharing his emotions.

Also, there's the one earlier where Fee tries to be a good big sister to Michele. Seems like she's starting to calm down a little because of it. :smile: