Harold "Hal" Miller 1933-2017

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
As I've mentioned before, Roscoe Orman will always be "my" Gordon... I grew up with him, met him in person as a child and think he's been such a wonderful performer and human being over the decades.

That being said, after having the opportunity to view the earlier episodes, I think it's OK for me to admit that Matt Robinson is my favorite Gordon as an adult. He's a hipster, curmudgeon and comedian all wrapped up into one. Exhibit A: https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_0168
That episode sounds like a hoot -- I hope to see it some day.

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
It just bewilders me that Hal Miller died and no one noticed. And I only stumbled on the info by accident. Was no one either on the show (or alumni) or in the fan community Facebook friends with him? It's kind of sad.

hooperfan

Reaction score
It is a bit odd, but I didn't know myself, and I had Googled about him not too long ago... So, apparently, unless you happen to follow him on Facebook (which seems so few did), there was literally no way of knowing about his passing.

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
I'd looked him up too at various times. One night recently I did an image search for Sesame Street with various years looking for pictures. I found an interesting photo and clicked on it, and that's where it took me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I see it as maybe wanting to keep his passing private. It’s blown up on a Sesame Street group on Facebook now since being noted on Muppet wiki.

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
Classic Sesame Street lovers.
Thanks, I'll check it out. Someone in another thread here (the one about unearthing previously "lost" shows) inquired about it as well. Unfortunately, I don't know much else. A post not long before his death from a family member (IIRC) on his page made reference to his being ill and wishing him a speedy recovery. So apparently he was ill, don't know for how long or with what.