Happy Birthday: Muppet Central's 6th Anniversary

muppet_dk

Reaction score
1. What is your first Muppet Central memory?

Reading the posts on the forum (back in the Delphi days). I was thinking, "Wow more people that love the Muppets."

2. What is your favorite part of Muppet Central?

The forum, guides, reviews and articles.

3. What would you like to see us do in 2004?

The next TMS seasons in the guide section.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
YAY!!

I can't remember my first MC memory, because I forget very easily. I do remember the very first Role Play game at the old Delphi boards and had everyone in it that I can remember, and how the story about some evil force was trying to close down the Muppet Theater was confused to be Statler and Waldorf, and then Uncle Deadly, but I finally revealed at the end of the game that it was Thomas Haffa! LOL!!

I love the forum, the guides are great, and I'm always glad to read the articles. I do think that outside of the usual fan fiction we should dedicated a specific area to lyrics/sketches transcripted out. Jamie's banners rock! I always get excited when Fozzie Bear FINALLY shows up in something! LOL! I'll generalilze this and say: Jamie's graphics.

In 2004? I dunno. An actual MC Family Album? To keep it real get those who have entered into Senior Membership to post pictures. The next TMS guides? Is there somewhere at MC that I haven't found yet that has JHC lists, like episode lists for all henson related films, performers' lists and characters they performed?

At any rate, I love MC, love my friends here, and hope that one day we'll all get to hang out again at another MuppetFest! :embarrassed:

King Prawn

Reaction score
Happy Birthday MC :smile: :excited: :crazy:

It has to be when I first joined and finally met people who knew more (a lot more) about the Muppets than me. I also remember the countdown to MFS very well as well as all the rumours behind the storylines.

This is tough since there's so much but I really like the news section but my absolute favorite thing is the forum.

Maybe if possible, update the collectables section to include newer stuff including Palisades action figures.

Happy birthday everyone!

Luke

Reaction score
Happy 6th Birthday Muppet Central - Yay !

1. My first memory was finding the site through a search engine, coming to the forums and meeting everyone in the chat room.

2. My favorite part of the site is the forum, but the articles, news and radio score highly too. The new graphic design is also very nice.

3. In the future i'd like to see the current work continue and also maybe some new people submitting content. I agree with Byron that it'd be great to get a character section going and also i think maybe episode guides and bios for the other Henson shows besides TMS. Also a chat room would be nice, lots more people on the forum at any one time nowadays so it could be like a 24/7 Muppet party.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Shoot, I almost forgot! Happy 6th B-Day, MC!

I don't quite remember, but one of my earliest memories was the news concerning The Kermit Channel and how it might come to the U.S. in the spring in '98.

The forum. From EM.TV buying the Muppets, Disney possibly buying the Muppets, Dean Valentine almost buying the Muppets, to the Henson family shockingly buying them back, the Delphi and vBulletin forums have chronicled it all. I even occasionally go back to the Delphi forum and check out the old posts and the ones posted after 9/11 just transfix me. Muppet Central Forum is like the family I always wanted or a school I always wanted to go to...I guess. And late last year, I started listening to the MC Radio and I jam to it whenever I can.

It depends on what The Jim Henson Company does in 2004. What THEY do makes what YOU do more interesting, as in NEWS.

You're doing great, Muppet Central. Your 1.5 millionth customer says so. :wink:

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
Congrats Phil and the Muppet Central Gang on your 6th year. Keep up the good work. :smile:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yes it's amazing how time flew by so fast from last year! Wow that whole cake thing seems like last week!

Muppet Central is an amazing place Phil, Happy Birthday MC! and thanks to all the people who run it! :smile:

Well I have a lot of them, but the very first was looking at the old MC website muppet web buttons, I was amazed by them because it hosted both new and classic Muppets from different shows. They are gone now, but Jamie's menus brings in a whole new meaning to it! I loved the "exit/coming of the new MC" flash that was made before when we all moved here. Time has gone by so fast as we've been here a few years now!

This wasn't a first memory but a funny one, but I can still remember telling everyone how I beat Muppet RaceMania. Due to the game being only from the UK (at that time), I had to play the game in black & white on my Playstation because I needed another chip for that, lol!

The people, you are all great and that's what makes it a joy coming here. We can all relate about stuff and not only Muppet stuff! The roleplays are a lotta fun too! I do love all the menus and Muppet face smilies as they are a lot of fun! It's also great because Muppet Central house's lots of Muppet news, new and old.

I've just been getting into chat again, and I forgot how much fun they are! I've lost some contacts over the years and I'd like to reunite them. :big_grin:

Zachary)Rowlf the, I can still remember the first time I did this ending thing...I don't remember what it said...but I remember doing it! :zany: :wink: Dog.

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Well, my first Muppet Central memory was the find the cake contest last year. I stumbled on the page and started reading the forums. This was great. I remember everyone cheering for Sarah to find one of the cakes. I also remember finding the cake once about 10 seconds too late. Man, my heart was beating hard.

My favorite part is definately the message board, especially the random thread. I also like being able to tell my wife about the future of Sesame Street since she watches it everyday with my son (lucky her!)

I would like to see the 60 second rule reduced to 30 seconds or so :smile: I would actually just be happy to be able to keep posting and reading the silliness. This is just about as fun as watching the Muppet Show.

Tony

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Wow six years that's awesome..I wish I was on it six years ago but I just found out about it two years ago, and I'm glad I did.

1) First memory is reading an interview with Steve...from then on I was hooked.

2) I love the radio. It's always entertaining and cheers one up on a bad day. Plus I love hearing from other crazy Muppet fans such as myself.

3) The only thing I wish was better...more updated articles and more updated interviews as well! Everything else is great!

Happy 6th anniversary!!! :smile:
:excited: :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Baby Animal said:
I remember everyone cheering for Sarah to find one of the cakes. .
*laughs* that was a year ago? Wow, time has flew. That had to be one of the best things on MC, I also agree. Just the whole searching things was fun!

My first MC memory was finally making an account just after VMX aired, and posting in that thread. Then, Cory had to help me, because my inbox was filling up about replies to that thread (and goodness, there were a LOT)

My favorite part is most definately my friends. My closest friend here is probably Justin, and our friendship means so much to me. I can't imagine life without the continual support and friendship of all you guys!

In 2004? hmmm that's a really hard one for me! A chat would be nice, although I can see the pros and cons. And that contest WAS loads of fun! hmm...let me think on this one!