Halloween is just around the corner

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Wait, WHAT??! Did I miss The Great Pumpkin yesterday??! I was told it was being shown on the 20th not the 19th. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's supposedly a new 50th anniversary re-re--re-release of the special, but I can't tell if they actually did something with it or just took old WB copies of the special and slapped a sticker on them.

And Happy Meal trick or treat buckets. They have a 3 bucks off coupon for that DVD on the back of the sticker sheet. Still, not a very impressive fiftieth for a Halloween staple.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait, WHAT??! Did I miss The Great Pumpkin yesterday??! I was told it was being shown on the 20th not the 19th. :frown:
That took me by surprise too; I think supposedly the only other airing of the special this year is the 29th -- I think, I don't remember.

123Sunny

Reaction score
Is anyone else gonna be anything Henson related for Halloween? I was Grover last year, this year I am working on an Abby Caddaby costume!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm surprised in the Great Pumpkin, they removed the scene of Snoopy at the party (his facial expressions are amazing), but they kept in all references to threats of violence- Lucy and Sally at various points threatening to slug Linus.

Again, poor Linus. The wise scholar who quotes the Bible at Christmas, leads the Thanksgiving prayer, and yet is so crippled with delusions of the Great Pumpkin and the Easter Beagle.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Again, poor Linus. The wise scholar who quotes the Bible at Christmas, leads the Thanksgiving prayer, and yet is so crippled with delusions of the Great Pumpkin and the Easter Beagle.
I think Linus is going to start a really strange cult when he grows up.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm going to see the movie, The Monster Calls on Halloween because I like Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy and that's what the monster reminds me of. Even though I don't like horror movies, I have a feeling this will be the right amount of scary for me, :batty:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
One of my best Halloween memories is when I was 13, me, my friend, and his sister went to the zoo on Halloween. We saw all kinds of cool animals, went to see The Wizard of Oz at the zoo's 4-D theater (yes they have one of those, :big_grin:) and stuffed our faces with candy on the ride home. After the zoo, we went out to eat at McDonald's. It was the best Halloween ever, :zany:.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i trying to find an Halloween party to go to, one for adults, not for children.