Halloween is just around the corner

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Chris Hansen has been brought onto the forums….. hope there isn’t anything y’all are trying to hide. :scary:

Happy Halloween but I’ll be keeping an eye on y’all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
DAVID LETTERMAN: Anything else you want to say before we go?
PEE-WEE HERMAN: Only that if you're out trick-or-treating, don't eat any apples you can shave with.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No trick-or-treaters again this year - in fact, I would swear that practically every house in this neighborhood was blacked out last night! Once again, I believe I would say that trick-or-treating, in general, has kind of been ruined for kids in recent years, between parents whining about politically incorrect/insensitive costumes kids choose (i.e. if a black kid wants to dress as a white character, or vice-versa), to the fear-mongering of pedophiles living in neighborhoods where kids could go out for candy, etc.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Only just proves how life gets shittier as time goes on with each year.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
parents whining about politically incorrect/insensitive costumes kids choose (i.e. if a black kid wants to dress as a white character, or vice-versa)
I’ve only seen this when it applies to white kids dressed as minority characters, never the other way around (in fact, I’ve seen that encouraged.)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I had twelve trick or treaters this year. That’s more than the last two years combined.
I live outside b a tiny little street with eight houses on the whole street, and not a lot of kids in the neighborhood.

A few years back I lived in a big development where we got hundreds of kids.

I love seeing them come to the door all dressed up, and handing out candy. It’s as much fun for me.

The trick-or-treat part of Halloween evolved from an Irish custom. It would be the norm to go door-to-door and sing for food, or maybe a place to spend the night.

Way back in the late 70s was the first time rumors started to float about kids getting apples with razor blades in them.
Back then, the closest I ever got to fruit in Halloween was a box of Raisinets. It’s pretty hard to hide a blade in there.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean in the end…. If you’re just cosplaying as a fictional character for fun…. I say enjoy it. I went as Eazy E for a Halloween dance with the Compton hat and shades in 11th grade and absolutely loved it. Cause otherwise it just feels like an unfair double standard if you’re just having fun dressing up. If it were for a professional production that’s an entirely different story. What draws the line at cosplaying characters different from your race is if you were to try and match the skin tone with paint and what have you.

On that subject as well, I would absolutely love to cosplay as Big Smoke from GTA San Andreas - I can even get his voice down quite well.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My wife had to work, so it was my job answering the door for the kids. She bought a ton of candy, and knowing there wasn’t much foot traffic in our street, I let the kids help themselves. In stead of one candy, they could take a handful.You had your choice of Kit Kat’s. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Nestle Crunch, and Hundred Grand bars. The Reese’s were their favorite. I still have half a bowl left, but the Reese’s are gone.

Iyt of them all, U like the Hundred Grand the best, so it worked out fine.