Gum Chewing

D'Snowth

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
We're not allowed to drink ANYTHING outside of the lunch room unless it's water from a drinking fountain. Or if we have a medical excuse, it's ok. Other than that, they think kids will sneak in alcohol or something.
This one time, a girl who went to my school was expelled because she snuck vodka into the school. Ironically, one of the kids that had a sip of the vodka was the one who ratted her out.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
we're not supposed to eat outside the lunchroom, but most teachers don't enforce it

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Err, who chews gum around here? *pulls foot free*

I'd happily see chewing gum made illegal if that's what it takes to stop it being stuck under desks, on the chairs, on the floor... need I go on?

Talking of drinks in exams, I'm sure Volvic mineral water has helped countless people pass in Geography...

Ernie101

Reaction score
We are allowed to have chewing gum, nobody ever notices. Some teachers have their pet peeves, but that just depends on them. Same with soda and drinks, some teachers allow it, some don't. Their are no specific school rules on those items..

I think it's kinda stupid to permit rules on those things.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
in our lunchroom there's a divider wall between the line that's covered in gum :stick_out_tongue:

That Announcer

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
in our lunchroom there's a divider wall between the line that's covered in gum :stick_out_tongue:
Boy, do I have something for you! Go here, and you'll see something kinda close to home. :big_grin:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
that's funny, I was watching commentary on one of the Saved by the Bell DVD's and apparently behind the walll of "The Max" is also covered in gum, because the cast would stick their gum on there as they came on screen

MrsPepper

Reaction score
At our school, the rules kind of change with different teachers. There's a strict, No Hats, No Food or Drink rule. The No Hats has to be followed, but some teachers let others eat/drink in class. As for gum, most teachers allow it. But I had a teacher once that if he saw you blowing bubbles you'd have to spit it out. I blew a bubble right after the bell, and he still made me spit it out!

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
At our school, the rules kind of change with different teachers. There's a strict, No Hats, No Food or Drink rule. The No Hats has to be followed, but some teachers let others eat/drink in class. As for gum, most teachers allow it. But I had a teacher once that if he saw you blowing bubbles you'd have to spit it out. I blew a bubble right after the bell, and he still made me spit it out!
Jerk. In my school, the teachers wouldn't do anything like that, they'd just calmly ask you to spit it out. There is one exception, our history teacher. His name's John Stone, he's in his early 60s, and he is the funniest guy you'd ever want to deal with. If I know him well enough, he'd probably drag you into another classroom and make you spit it out in front of everyone else. :smile: Seriously though, everyone loves him.