Grover Thread

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I see. What sort of puzzles me is I don't see Eric Jacobson's name at the Internet Movie Database. The only Frank Oz character that they give a new performer credit for is Cookie Monster (David Rudman). I know imdb.com makes a lot of mistakes, but still I think they should be aware of this.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Global Grover sounds cool!!! Just as long as it gets rid of Monster Clubhouse. (though it's not as good as Traveling Matt's Travels)

To tell you the truth, I think Eric does a fine job with Grover. It's his Bert that jars me a bit. If anyone's to blame for Frank's departure, it's that obese jerk Marlon Brando! After Apocolypse now, he became the character. A recluse that pops out every so often. He thinks he's sooooo darn cool! He gets to make fun of everybody!

Apparently, Frank got on his own ego trip, and said "I don't want to do what I'm famous for! I'm the guy who directed THE INDIAN IN THE CUPBOARD!"

Babyish behavior spreads!

roadrat15

Reaction score
I agree about the 'new' Bert voice . . .it always sounds hyped up.
Frank used to bring Bert's temper to the boiling point.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You have to admit, though... Eric Jacobson does a pretty good "Bert Scream!"

Also, I think David Rudman is getting more and more into the spirit of Cookie Monster. When he first took on the role as a substitute, his COokie Monster was a tad more nasil and a little high pitched. Now, except for the lilt to Frank Oz's voice, he's got the character down. He just needs to work on the slight of hand, in which he crumbles the cookie so it looks like he's eating it. He does it good, but HUGE chunks fly around.

Eric Jacobson really does a good Grover. He does a great Suuuuu... ....per Grover pause.

Joggy

Reaction score
This is something I've been wondering for a while. Is it "SUP-ergrover" or "SU-pergrover"? With the mouth closed or opened during the pause? I thought it was the first, but then I saw Elmo in Grouchland... it just didn't look right with the mouth open!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, it's kinda like Suuuuuuu...Pergrover, and he's kinda pausing just as he starts to pronunce the "P."

Hope this helps!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, here's something I've been meaning to ask about. Do you guys remember the sketch where Grover is a fast food waiter when Mr. Johnson happens to come to the counter? Mr. Johnson can't keep up with the super speedy sliding trays of food so he demands a slower service, and thus gets a turtle waiter. The name of the fast food joint is O'Brien's. The question is, do you think this was a small homage to Chad O'Brien, the actor who played Mr. McIntosch?

ssetta

Reaction score
It's actually a parody of McDonald's. I also noticed that it did not stay on for very long. Maybe some people didn't get it, because they might not have McDonald's everywhere.