Grover question

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
I don't think Oz leaving has much to do with it since he's played by Eric Jacobson now.
That is a relatively new development. Until recently, Oz wouldn't allow anyone else to play his characters. His lack of availability meant his characters simply couldn't be used much. Now that he has allowed SST to find new performers for his characters, we see more of them again-- thus we get Grover and Bert on Play with Me, Global Grover, and Cookie's letter of the day segment.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

While we're on this subject. There's another thing I was wondering about isn't Cookie Monster played by David Rudman now instead of Eric Jacobson? That's what it says at imdb.com.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Grover Is My all time Fave SS charactor ( (Ernie and the Count are close 2nds.) We're a lot alike: Hyper one moment and ready to faint the next. our birthdays are five days away, and He ssssssssssooooooo cute! I mean "Around Around, Over,Under and Through", "Near and Far" I can't forget things like that! And Eric's grover and Bert is more the perfect. I caqn't even tell the role's been switched. I've watched "Play with me Seasame" and it's not half bad. Grover, Bert, Ernie, and Prarwie are still the same, dispite a new seting. They even show old Ss clips, which lets me hear the orgonal perfomrers in action. And The best part is there's no Elmo, Baby Bear or Zoe. Don't get me wrong I love these Characters, but there is too much of a good thing.

dcfboss

Reaction score
And The best part is there's no Elmo, Baby Bear or Zoe. Don't get me wrong I love these Characters, but there is too much of a good thing. [/B]
You're the first person i know who can actually say you love baby bear....you must have an extremely high tolerance for pain. lol.

CookieFan

Reaction score
Well, my 18 month old loves baby bear. And so does my husband. But I think he has the mentality of my kid :wink:

wockawocka

Reaction score
I like Elmo and Grover a lot, (in fact, i'm wearing a super grover shirt right now) but I have never liked Zoe. But Grover is still here, just not as much.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
While we're on this subject. There's another thing I was wondering about isn't Cookie Monster played by David Rudman now instead of Eric Jacobson? That's what it says at imdb.com.
Well, don't forget, imb.com is usually wrong about these things. It once said Frank Oz played his roles in AVMMCM (not to mention it stared Captain Smollet!). It is David Rudman.

I think Eric has performed Grover since last year, in a short skit where he was on Safari.

Anyway, I do not think Grover is ignored as much, since we have an alternate. In fact, a whole on the street segment involved him and a pop corn machine. If any of these fans were to watch the show motre often and not jump to conclusions about "Elmo stealing the show", they'd know that Grover actually pops up at least once every other episode.

Here's a list of some skits he's in this year

On the street: Pop corn machine

On the street: Letter of the day club (Baby bear's B)

On the street: Grand opening of the mail it shop

Monster time: Kofi Anan

Monster Time: Destiny's child performs New way to walk

Monster Time: Grover's Work out video

Monster Time: Grover on Stage (discussing up and down)

Monster Time: Monster in the Mirror (original, non celebrity version)

Letter of the day: O

Letter of the day: S

Letter of the day: N(?)

Spanish word of the day: Zapato

Spanish Word of the day: Libro

Spanish word of the day: Perro

Spanish word of the day: Hola

that's it, I think!

dcfboss

Reaction score
don't forget all of his appearances on the letter of the day skits....

and he was on takling about frustrated with ray romano

he was also the cookie delivery monster in the episode where cookie monster had no cookies....and he was in the episode for the opening of the mail it shop....that's all i can think of

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by dcfboss
don't forget all of his appearances on the letter of the day skits....

and he was on takling about frustrated with ray romano
I listed all the letter segs I could remember... BUT I FREAKIN FORGOT ABOUT RAYMOND!!!

Pino

Reaction score
maybe something else is goine on?

Could it be that all Frank Oz caracters aren´t showing in ss that much because he wants to reteire. And when his voice isn´t that much on tele it won´t be noticed some new performer is playing?
Couldn´t that be the answer?