Got this notification about a post being deleted

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This morning I got a notification that a post I made was deleted, along with the listed reason: "Please stop your posting behavior, contact the member in question via PM and if they choose not to answer then respect their decision to do so."

However, there's a number of things about this that I don't understand, which makes me wonder if it's an error.

I clicked on the thread it was deleted from (the "Where are all these classic episodes of Sesame Street coming from?" thread), looked through the last few pages and saw pretty much all my posts there from the last few days, and didn't notice anything altered in editing. It is a thread that was started years ago, with many posts, so if it's an old post of mine that was deleted then that would explain it.

The reason was "please stop your posting behavior", without being clear on what it means. Frequency (I feel I post a lot less often than I used to, though there are still occasions when I'll do several posts within a short time frame)? The level of thought and detail I put into my posts (which would be bad if that was it)? The amount of speculation I put into a lot of posts?

It also says I can contact the member in question via PM, but it doesn't say who deleted it so I don't know who to send a private message to (though if it was deleted, I don't really see it as that big a deal). I know administrators can delete posts, and people can delete their own posts, but can regular members delete other people's posts now as well (I tried to see if it was possible, the closest I could see was the "report" button)? That could get out of hand if possible.

It's a little concerning. But since I couldn't figure out what exact post of mine was deleted (and all that I posted in the past few days are still there), I am wondering if there might be an error or something, maybe the deletion was a mistake and it was reinstated, or whatever. Have others been getting such notifications on posts being deleted only to be able to see whatever post it was?

datman24

Reaction score
I got that, too. They probably were removing the posts of a certain user whom some were responding to, and with that, they probably removed the replies to those posts as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I got that, too. They probably were removing the posts of a certain user whom some were responding to, and with that, they probably removed the replies to those posts as well.
Makes sense.