Got a call from Jim Cummings today!

Xerus

Reaction score
Wow, I bet that's an honor you getting talk to the great Jim Cummings. I remember there was once an interview with Jim in a Darkwing Duck comic book. He was telling us that his very first voice was Lionel the Lion from Dumbo's Circus back in 1985. And how he did some voicework with Mel Blanc when working on Hanna-Barbera projects. Jim said even though he worked with Mel, they never actually met, for Mel's recordings were done in another studio far away at different times. Jim also stated that Terry McGovern, who voiced Launchpad, did his recordings in San Francisco, and how John Fiedler, who voiced Piglet, had never been in the studio with Jim even once.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I want Cummings to call me now, that or Frank Welker.........

It's too bad these voice actors never appear in any of the late night shows like Jay Leno or David Letterman. I think the audience would enjoy listening to these guys do the voices of characters they grew up with.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
That's really cool!

I want Cummings to call me now, that or Frank Welker.........

It's too bad these voice actors never appear in any of the late night shows like Jay Leno or David Letterman. I think the audience would enjoy listening to these guys do the voices of characters they grew up with.
Yeah, Mel Blanc was on Carson, so why not?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
There are a few voice actors who went to my high school, and I keep hoping they'll show up at homecoming one of these years :stick_out_tongue:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
That's really cool!

Yeah, Mel Blanc was on Carson, so why not?
I looked that up on youtube last night, it was great. Blanc used his normal voice to voice Mr. Spacely in The Jetsons.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Hmm... there's Rob Paulsen, for one. I think there's one or two more but I'm really not sure. There used to be a wall of pictures of famous people who went to the school, but it's been years since I've been there so I can't check :/

Kiki

Reaction score
Amazing! Must've been a great experience, talking to a person you've technically known ever since you were little. Awesome! :excited:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'd also get Rob Paulsen and Maurice LaMarche too. Pinky and the Brain anyone?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I totally forgot to mention that I also met Maurice and Rob at a Pinky and the Brain promotion at the now defunct Warner Bros store... I was too shy to ask anything to them. I do remember the person in front of me getting a nice conversation with Rob, to which Rob pointed out "When I did the character of Foulmouth [Tiny Toons, in case anyone doesn't already know], I just thought about my latest tax return!" (or something like it)

I was also in the room with either Hanna and Barbera (at a promotion for an animation cel gallery store, man I miss those), but was EXTREMELY shy, and didn't talk to him. I mean, those guys are giants in animation.

Also got to meet Coleen Clinkenbeard, voice actress for Funimation, the new American Dub voice for Luffy (of One Piece) at another convention... she autographed a Luffy trading Card for me