Gorgs

TidusEstar

Reaction score
Ok guys, I know thier magic but Listen up and listen tight! I wanna know, on the epsiode where Doc and Sprocket are camping, I think the epsiode is The Gorg who would be king. At the end Junior throws his crown and Doc finds it in the woods. Does this mean the gorgs are on earth, and if thier on earth, where are they at? You would think people would notice a walking mountain. (lol) or maybe connected? I'd like feedback, thanks.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
You know, I have always wondered that same question!

Sir Didymus

Beauregard

Reaction score
But then no one notices Sweetums especialy or Thog.

WemblinKate

Reaction score
I really think it's a lot like what happened in The Song of Songs. Doc has always been able to see the objects that have come out of Fraggle Rock, like the Doozer helmet and the postcards and so forth. But Doc could not see Gobo. Doc could physically not see a fraggle until one could touch him and Doc could touch that fraggle. I think it's the same with all of the Fraggle Rock characters, Gorgs included. It all has to do with imagination and believing in what you don't see. In the heart of the forest that's lost to humans because, well, they just can't see it yet. I don't know, I guess I'm too much of a dreamer, but there's my 2 cents.

-Wemblin' Kate

TidusEstar

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks, that seems plauseable. But something else made me wonder too. Why could the people see Uncle Matt?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by TidusEstar
Thanks, that seems plauseable. But something else made me wonder too. Why could the people see Uncle Matt?
'Cause he was out there in plain view, exploring and getting himself in trouble. Why else?

Sidebottom

Reaction score
Here's my opinion regarding Fraggle invisibility and Uncle Matt. Bear in mind that I have not seen any of season 5, so have missed all the really significant episodes.

I think basically humans can't see Fraggles because they don't believe they're there. It's very easy to not see things that you know don't exist, and everybody knows there's no such thing as multicoloured monkey-like creatures living in underground caves.

In Uncle Matt's case, the people who saw him were forced to acknowledge his existence, but they simply (unconsciously?) refused to see him for what he truly is. Hence, he has been routinely mistaken for a homeless man, a sheep, and a garden gnome.

My two cents. Feel free to poke holes in it.

-Sidebottom

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Byron's 2 cents

Well, IIIIIII (lol) think that the Gorgs are not in our world at all, but in an outside world that extends outside of Fraggle Rock in a magical place.

I mean, our world doesn't have talkin' treash heaps and purple sproingers, or GORGS (lol), so they can't be in our world. It's some sort of "parallel universe" thing that exists only cause of the magic of Fraggle Rock itself.

Now I haven't seen the episode where Doc finds the crown, so that'll be very interesting to see how it fits into my theory---but I've always believed that the gorgs were separate from us, in a different magical realm extendin' from the Rock.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by WemblinKate
But Doc could not see Gobo. Doc could physically not see a fraggle until one could touch him and Doc could touch that fraggle.
I dunno...I don't think it's that Doc couldn't see Gobo, I think it's just that Gobo always hid, and Doc never got to see him in time. I think it was all just a matter of careful timin' over 5 years (on Gobo's part).

TidusEstar

Reaction score
Honk of Honks

In the honk of honks (Btw thanks everybody for the feedback Its all very intresting and makes alot of sense) It was made known that Doc coulden't see Gobo. Because Doc picks up a box looks directly at Gobo, and then sprocket keeps baring. And Doc says something to
Sprocket I think he says "What are you barking at there's nothing there"