Gonzo's acts

DerekJ

Reaction score
Blue Weirdo said:
Poor Gonzo's acts almsot always ended up going wrong.
"And now, a special arrangement of 'Pop Goes the Weasel', with, uh...(quickly hides balloon behind back)--a SURPRISE ENDING!"

And, from one of the "missing" (foreign) segments of the Steve Martin episode(?), or thereabouts:
"Kermit, you have to see my new act!"
"Not now, Gonzo..."
"It'll be the greatest act ever!"
"I don't want to hear it right now."
"I'll tell you anyway."
"Gonzo, if you tell me, I will not listen."
"It's the Dancing Cheese."
(beat pause) "...The Dancing Cheese, Gonzo??"
"--YOU WERE LISTENING!" :concern:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Blue Weirdo said:
Poor Gonzo's acts almsot always ended up going wrong.

Like when he:

Recited Shakesphere while hanging above the stage by his nose from a feather boa. (didn't get too far before sneezing)

Attempted to catapault himslef into the air and skywrite the Halaluigh chorus (or something like that) The catapault didn't work so he got out to fix it and in the end Kermit and Piggy got catapualted into Stalar and Waldorf's box.

Was going to wrestle a gorrilla live on stage (had to cancel because the gorilla got caught in traffic)

Planned to demolish a vinatage automobile with a sledgehammer to the music of the anvil chorus after which he would eat the crankcase. The audience got instantly bored and booed him, then cheered when he threatened to give up show biz. (thankfully guest Joel Grey came out and helped him out)

Tries to play the 1812 overture on a violin ( :confused: ) while growing a tomato plant. (the palnt grows and goes amock)

There's more but it's late and I'm going to bed.
hated that one i'm glad they booed him for that.

unclematt

Reaction score
Bootsy said:
Wasn't Gonzo famous from Sesame Street, didn't they shoot him out for a cannon? I actually thought he was also in a movie that did the same thing but i'm not to sure. I personally haven't watched the muppets since muppet tonight was aired in Australia. :smile: :confused:
Gonzo was never on Sesame Sreet and I think the movie clip you are hinking about is from TMTM when he moves to Michigan and does the Water Skiing Dare Devil Act. (great Muppet moment)

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
There was also a great act in Muppets Tonight where Gonzo and guest Garth Brooks were going to do a reverse bungie jump.

Gonzo and Garth strapped on jet packs which would rocket them skyward until they reached the end of their bungie cords tied to thier feet which would bring them back down.

GARTH: Where our fall will be broken by... what will our fall be broken by?
GONZO: The floor. What else?
GARTH: What? We could be killed!
GONZO: Duh! That's why they call it death-defying!