Gonzo behavior in the Leslie Uggams ep

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I still say you're not really supposed to be thinking of Big Bird as a child here, just as a character who happens to be a large bird which would attract Gonzo's attention. As someone once said about TV, "the air is thick with inconsistency." So I don't see a problem. Yes the joke was somewhat risque, it was an adult show, but in no way did it imply anything that would undoubtably be inappropriate.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
yeah, the gag is that TMS characters aren't familiar with SS characters that much

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know, I recall someone asking awhile ago (maybe in the Weekly Survey thread) who would win in a fight, Sesame Street or Muppet Show. I voted for Sesame Street because as young as they are, the Muppet Show guys are much too insane to plan a battle, lol, that's part of their charm. :wink:

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love Gonzo. Just didn't like that he was flirting with Big Bird.
But flirting with Zoe, and threatening Elmo with bodily harm is ok, right?

Grover hit on a guest star three times, Elmo flirted while on Scrubs, and Count flirted...ALOT!
yeah, the gag is that TMS characters aren't familiar with SS characters that much
Despite the fact he was present during the Sing a Song from First season... When Lena Horn asked if they all heard of Sesame Street... And among Rowlf and Kermit, who've been on the show, Wanda, Piggy, George, Mildred, Gonzo and Fozzie all nodded.
It's just a TV show.
Just repeat to yourself it's only a show, I should really just relax...Oh Mystery Science Theater, Three Thousand! *Early Ninty's guitar twang.*

Fluffets

Reaction score
Getting back on topic:

In reality it is inappropriette to to talk to someone in such a manner who's so young but as I said before it's just pretend and at least in my opinion it's nothing to even find disturbing since we're dealing with a bunch of fictional characters and I would think Jim and his staff would of expected the audience just to laugh at Gonzo's silliness and not debate or question the morality of it.

I just saw it on YT and though didn't laugh I kind of smiled at it myself.
Pretend? Fictional?:eek: I'll get my Kermit Puppet out and prove you wrong!:smile:

Fluffets

Reaction score
As free-thinking as I can be it still creeps me out too. But it also makes me laugh. Even the most savvy Muppet characters still have an innocence to them. That's how they can get away with what they do. All Gonzo saw was plus-sized poultry. What the audience saw was a freaky buzzard guy flirting with a beloved childrens' icon. Both characters seem to be unaware of the weirdness levels.
Also come to think of it some people said that he is portrayed more adult in the episode, I think he's both in it, with that number he did is the more adult side but actually he refers to people as "mr", etc so that sort of proves that he is a balance of grown-up and 6-year old.:wisdom: