Going Camping: Has anyone gone before?

P

Philo and Gunge

Whatever said:
Hope it doesn't rain, and bring lots of plastic bags to keep stuff dry in case it does. A first-aid kit and plenty of matches aren't a bad idea either. Have fun!
I've been on a lot of camping trips (I'm in Boy Scouts :wink: :wink: ). My Scoutmaster is a rain magnet and he looks like Herb Brooks (well, at least Disney's interutation of Herb).

Again! (whistle) Again! (whistle) Again!

Beth C

Reaction score
Okay guys... I'm baaaaack!!!!! Wow that was a fun trip! I went hiking, went swimming, slept outside in a tent, had a campfire, got rained on, got sunburned and had a wonderful time!!!

We saw wild animals, had a racoon raid our trash, swam with fish, and cooked on a campfire!!!

Yeah, we cheated a bit.. I had my portable DVD player with me but we did get to watch some good movies while it was raining.

All in all, it was a fun trip and next time we are going to rent a canoe!!! The insect repellant was a lifesaver, and the bananas with marshmallows.. YUMMY!

I highly recommend going camping to anyone that wants to be away from it all. Sleeping in the tent was the coolest thing. The only thing I didn't really like was the showers.. those needed to be cleaned a bit more often.

I'm happy I went though.. can't wait to go again!

~Beth C

Drum Eater

Reaction score
That's great! Sounds like you had a good time! :smile: But I agree on the bathrooms/showers. I went camping a few weeks ago and they had SO many dead bugs on the bathroom floor. :eek: It was really pretty disturbing...but I got over it.