Gene's Kermit Replica Project

ElvisMx

Reaction score
The prototype looks amazing... I've tried to make a Kermit puppet as well but it seems that the face needed to be scaled, because it was too small.... I'll try to do the sketch of the pattern as you described it. Thanks a lot!

Liamblackere

Reaction score
That is an outstanding puppet ! Congratulations! Out of intrest which eyes were you planning on useing , Do they make them with the lines on them ? Also did you make him a body and arms? I know you had said that legaly you cannot publish the pattern , however could you share the rest of the body in measurements and words like you did with the head? Please and Thankyou from Liam :smile:

cute or kill

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't done more work on the replica. I still need to go to The Center for Puppetry Arts to be absolutely certain of a few things.

There are some slight changes I'm making for practical reasons. In order to make a replica that can be washed, all felt has been replaced with other fabrics (very thin micro fleece for the collar and bottoms of the feet, flannel for the mouth plate details). The eyes will have Velcro mounts. I'll also make a foam "hand" to support the head while the replica is not in use.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Great ideas for his longivity you've got there. :smile: Will you be using Antron fleece for your Kermit's skin? I'm pretty sure the vintage Fisher Price Kermit's were made using actual Antron fleece, and I've washed mine a few times without problems.

Also, if you don't mind saying, what details are you waiting to find out about Kermit? It's obvious you want a very perfect Kermit, and that is so cool! When I finally get around to making mine, you can be sure I'll be referencing this thread. :wink:

Cheers!

Lily

Reaction score
This looks AMAZING so far! I can't wait to see the finished product!! <3