Garfield Fans

Drtooth

Reaction score
The special however was different from the book. Though it did have some similar chapters (Cave Cat, Lab animal, The Space life, albiet with a different ending) there were some differences, like the Viking chapter, which was dissapointingly not in the special. It's my favorite one!

Klonoa

Reaction score
Yeah and they turned the Babes and Bullets life into a full blown TV special, but they changed the setting of a church to a university. On the VHS was a different life, Stunt Cat, that looked like it was making fun of Krazy Kat. One of the TV life stories that I kind of liked was the one with the piano cat. That was kind of a sweet story.

But man, every time I think about it, that Garfield His 9 Lives book was just...way...OUT THERE! The artwork...stories...what compelled them to do such a book? I liked it, but at the same time I also think it was kind of weird. I wish they'd do stuff like that instead of regurgatating what they do in the papers now. An animated version of the Viking life would've been sweet. I can't see some of that stuff getting past censors, though! :smile:

--Klonoa